Jenson is well behind Lewis

Re: "Jenson is well behind Lewis"

Just on the wind changing direction, in the first season I followed F1 in any depth Mario Andretti ran out of fuel at the 1980 Dutch Grand Prix as the wind changed direction overnight and was blowing up the main straight rather than blowing down it. Lotus failed to recaulate the amount of fuel requierd because of the head wind and Mario retired 2 laps from the end. To say he was less than pleased is an understatement...

Brogan said:
I agree.
I originally started the thread to criticise Fry more than anything as it's clear he's got an issue with Button.
Well, here's Fry's assessment of Schumacher for comparison.

Brogan said:
However, lame excuses like that do nothing for me.
If he carries on he'll be joining Mark Webber & David Coulthard as a whinger who blames everything except his own ability.
Was it actually Button making the excuse? All he said after qualifying was that something felt wrong. The team's analysis has identified what it was, and Mark Hughes has reported it, hasn't he? After the race Button discussed being stuck behind the Mercedes and said it was his own fault for qualifying badly.

Personally I can forgive a little doubt in a new car in his first qualifying session for his new team, seriously not wanting to mess it up. I thought it was a bigger disappointment to see him barely sneak into Q3. He'll learn.

Brogan said:
P.S. Nice one snowy, I didn't realise the preserved formatting tag allowed different colours :thumbsup:
Surprised the hell out of me, I can tell you! :o

Brogan said:
P.S. Nice one snowy, I didn't realise the preserved formatting tag allowed different colours :thumbsup:

Pay attention at the back!

Button just scraped into Q3 as I remember, but that is an absolutely stunning excuse. [I'm a football fan, so I think I've heard them all. Wait till next time Blackburn lose, and play the violins for Allardyce's interview. The world's against that guy, apparently. Because he's a tosser.] The wind changed direction, and JB couldn't cope. How nasty is that wind? Frankly, you get more respect saying "Hey, he was just better than me!" [Spurs had a blatant penalty denied on Sunday as well, tosser.]

And Mr. Fry, just remember your role in Button's career. You presided over the Honda team that built a car that was physically worse than your previous model, despite Takuma Sato driving it! A car so bad that in 2008, Ross Brawn's strategy as your replacement was to completely ignore developing the car! My God, Fry, [I always get a Futurama moment when calling someone Fry, but I'm sure Nick Fry also lacks the ? brainwave, since he lacks a brain.] how can you talk about anyone else being incompetant?

Back
Top Bottom