ITV's horrible coverage @ Imola 2005

LifeW12

Podium Finisher
Having just finished watching this great race, I rememberd the drama of the ad break that ITV took with 3 laps to go. My TV station didn't cut to the ad break but I've managed to find it on YouTube. Can you imagine if they did it nowadays?

Some research showed that they didn't cut to an ad break earlier because Button was leading (with an illegal car, found later on). Oh the British, typical fanboys.

Last edited:
There were plenty of us willing do do it for free. >:(

I emailed ITV as soon as it happened, the response was that it was unfortunate but because of their agreement with the advertisers they had to do one then to keep up the correct number of breaks. Not a sorry in sight, but that has been my experience with ITV at other times as well.

It's difficult to believe we had to put up with ITV's appalling coverage for 9 years isn't it. This race in 2005 was probably the lowest point they reached but, for me at least, it was the nadir of F1 coverage on TV. I used to have the radio commentary on on 5Live with the pictures from ITV. I would rather a race interrupted by the 1:45 from Cheltenham that have to listen to James Allen talking bollocks.

It's difficult to believe we had to put up with ITV's appalling coverage for 9 years isn't it. This race in 2005 was probably the lowest point they reached but, for me at least, it was the nadir of F1 coverage on TV. I used to have the radio commentary on on 5Live with the pictures from ITV. I would rather a race interrupted by the 1:45 from Cheltenham that have to listen to James Allen talking bollocks.

I did the same here, although is wasn't watching ITV would have had to put up with the german commentary.

BBC 5Live was great, when David Croft and Anthony Davidson were commentating, and before every race they had interviews with the drivers and AC/DC Thunderstruck playing in the background..............it was awesome, it really got me excited ahead of every race.

I think Jonathan Retard is commenting on 5Live these days,..............:givemestrength:

I'm surprised it lasted long enough for me to find it :)

At least ITV went out with the best championship conclusion in F1 history.

Back
Top Bottom