Is this the beginning of the Red Bull slide ?

Red Bull thread boys and girls. If anyone has a problem with something someone has posted please hit the report button.

Thanks

FB

sushifiesta
Honda are situated in Milton Keynes which happens to be where Red Bull 's factory are.

So far Honda has said it is not looking to supply other teams or had requests from other teams as is the regulations stipulate that engine suppliers must be able to make engines available to other teams

Honda have got a 10 year deal with Mclaren and Ron will make sure his team get priority. I think Mclaren have always had factory engines or sole engine supply except for 1988 and 1993. Ron will make it difficult to for Red Bull to get equal status

The only engine supplier who has appeared to supply engines equally to more than 1 team was Renault to both Williams and Benetton.. there was no rumours or fall out over favoured engines

----------------

As for Red Bull's slide - might it be that they are expecting a lot of Kyvat to jump into the premier league when he has not fully developed

As for Red Bull's slide - might it be that they are expecting a lot of Kyvat to jump into the premier league when he has not fully developed

Kyvat has had 2 races in a frankly awful Red Bull. In one he didn't get to start the race and in the other he finished in front of Danny Ric. However he appears to be written off as anonymous and out of his depth by all and sundry already. Why is this? Well its nothing to do with his performance but the fact that the he does not have the PR machine of others.

Lets face it the media is too busy throwing its bunched up panties at Verstappen to notice anything Kvyat does this season. He gets all the media attention and so is good for the Red Bull brand and therefore will probably be in the Red Bull main seat next year whatever his results are.

So whilst all the talk is of Verstappen Kvyat becomes the forgotten man. Hell after two races the huge errections everyone had for Danny Ric seem to be fading to nothing too. There is currently a vs thread for the two Red Bull drivers with tumbleweed blowing through it.

The media may not notice anything Kvyat does but I don't think Red Bull are making their decisions based on who the media hypes. They aren't Real Madrid.

As for Kvyat, I never thought he was the best option but it is way way way way way too early to tell he's done one race and not even Ricciardo is getting much out of this car.

Is it beginning of a slide for them? Certainly. The car is getting slower and they're impatient has led to their engine situation being up in arms. But I don't think the question is how long until they pull out of the sport (unless the marketing strategists do a completely 180 or team management really cocks it up). The much better question is how long until they get back to the front and if they do, what engines are in the back of the car?

The media may not notice anything Kvyat does but I don't think Red Bull are making their decisions based on who the media hypes.

Red Bull as a brand markets itself on youth, extreme sports and perceived maverickness. If the media paints the picture of a driver then you can be dam sure they'll tag on to it. How do you think Verstappen got the Torro Rosso drive in the first place?

RasputinLives

I am not attacking Kyvat. It just happens to be the luck of the draw he's landed himself in an awful Red Bull whilst his predecessor is already tasting success at Ferrari and his likely successor is grabbing all the headlines

RasputinLives There was negativity and concern about Verstappen thrown into F1 too soon will his dad was in F1 after just 50 single seater races

At the moment Verstappen is helping Marko vindicate the decision to promote him which off course is great for Red Bull

I'm not saying Verstappen isn't skilled but the reason he got the drive and is in the media so much is his PR machine. There 5 drivers in F3 last year who could have produced the same performances Verstappen could of but they didn't get a shot because they haven't got the same media presents.

Red Bull are about their brand. Always will be and if F1 starts to be bad for their brand they will be gone. Verstappen is an attempt to take focus off them not winning.

Think it's came down to the fact that Red Bull have too many drivers now.

With Vettel gone, that left a promotion to one of their drivers, they could only promote one of Kvyat or Vergne, by taking either then the two Red Bull seats would be covered for a several years, just like it happened with Vettel and Webber.

The two Toro Rosso drivers are now looking good, especially the one no one gave much a thought about Carlos Sainz, but we all know Verstappen will get the Red Bull seat ahead of him no matter what.

They put themselves in a little dilemma as the Verstappens said they would only join them if he got an F1 seat this year, so they did, just to get him away from Mercedes.

If we look back last year, Kvyat was a bit like Verstappen, 19 years of age, fast, but with a little less hype.

I think that he is on two zero hour contracts, one with Red Bull and the other with the Americas Cup team. There is a limit to how much one person can do, especially when F1 is continually updating every day.

Back
Top Bottom