Interlagos 2009

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
The F1 circuit moves on to one of its better tracks next weekend as the party moves to Interlagos, São Paulo.

In recent years, the weather has often been inclement, the current forecast is shown below.

It has been suggested that the layout of Interlagos suits the Brawn GP car more than that of Red Bull Racing. Brawn are likely to pick up the point that will see them crowned Constructors' Champions, and Jenson Button needs only to stay within 4 points of Rubens Barrichello and 6 points of Sebastien Vettel to win the Drivers' title. The title has been secured at the Brazilian GP for the last 4 years.

Can Rubens Barrichello finally win the race that has eluded him for so long? His record at Interlagos is one of disappointment. A win could see him take the title fight to Abu Dhabi.

McLaren and Ferrari are split by only two points in each Championship. Can McLaren and Raikkonen continue their good runs of form and will they split Button from either of the other protagonists?

Can Mark Webber end his long non-scoring run, will Toyota's good form continue and will Timo Glock be fit enough to compete or will Kamui Kobayashi get his Grand Prix début? And will we see Toro Rossos bouncing off the walls again?

Personally, Interlagos is our last hope this season of great racing, so fingers crossed all!

OK, I'll bite.
This weekend? :D

I'm looking forward to this race.
Another real circuit with the possibility of rain mixing things up a bit.

Lewis hasn't done great here for the last 2 seasons :whistle: so can he conquer his demons and put in a solid performance?

I don't know if it's just me but I'm looking forward to the fight between Ferrari/McLaren and Kimi/Lewis more than I am the actual WDC and WCC.

It could be a precursor for next season ;)

I think it might be easier for Lewis this time around as the last two years here have been the final race and lewis fighting for the title, neither of those are the case this year.

As far as the race goes I should imagine we shall see Rubens dominating, and that just might pull it all together for Jenson as well, with a few eagle eyes the other side of the garage, they might be able to get enough info to give Jenson a good setup as well.

with Interlagos not being too tough on the engines, I dont expect Vettel to fall foul of any problems, but as usual, if he doesnt put it on pole, he will just meander around the middle of the points for the duration.

I love the Interlagos circuit and the racing it usually produces and should be the season closer. Strangely, the one hope I have is the both the WDC and WCC are wrapped up there so that Abu Dhabi is actually a meaningless race. Two reasons for that, firstly as no-one will have a lot to fight for it may produce a bit of wheel banging racing on what may be yet another faceless middle eastern track, and secondly it could show the world the spectacle of what F1 appears to want to become without competitive racing - high tech eye candy for every D & E list celebrity showing off to acres and acres of empty grandstands. Oh, and I wont be able to watch it as I'll be out of the country....

OK, with ref to my earlier post. Anyone fancy a bet that due to some sort of 'infringement' Jenson Button doesn't quite get enough points to clinch the title.......?

veravista said:
OK, with ref to my earlier post. Anyone fancy a bet that due to some sort of 'infringement' Jenson Button doesn't quite get enough points to clinch the title.......?

I don't think you'll get many takers there, it's almost certain to happen :givemestrength:

Well they need to drag the spectacle out to the final race at the new Abu Dhabi circuit with its underground pit exit tunnel

veravista said: OK, with ref to my earlier post. Anyone fancy a bet that due to some sort of 'infringement' Jenson Button doesn't quite get enough points to clinch the title.......?

fat_jez said : I don't think you'll get many takers there, it's almost certain to happen :givemestrength:

Brogan said : Well they need to drag the spectacle out to the final race at the new Abu Dhabi circuit with its underground pit exit tunnel

Its strange that even with the new promised openness and clarity of FIA decisions, all the fans still beleive they manipulate the series to maximise there income.

Any penalties issued will most likely be done so once the chequered flag has fallen.

Apparently Massa is going to be waving the chequered flag.
Let's hope he does a better job than Pelé did in 2002 LOL

That Boy and his chequered flags at Interlagos, he can't seem to keep away from them even when he isn't racing :snigger:

Lucas di Grassi may replace Romain Goujon at Interlagos...

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/ne.../F1gossip/Grosjean-out-di-Grassi-in/view.html

Presumably the combination of his placement by Flabio (I presume Briatore no longer manages Romain?) and his pretty ropey performances have inspired Renault to put another untested, lame duck (sorry Lucas, not a comment on your driving talent) into their rather rotten car. Well done them, another winning idea :givemestrength:

All we need now is Sebastien Lobe in the Torro Rosso at Adu Bhabi and we can start a "What pointless things F1 teams did in 2009" thread.

I saw a rumour about that yesterday.

Completely pointless move IMO, unless of course Renault are trying to decide between the 2 of them for next year.

I hope it doesn't happen though, it's going to be a nightmare to update all the data....again >:(

all hope on for a good race with lots of excitement. so far we had some good races at interlagos and honestly, i am totally unbothered if the WDC or whatever will be decided or not. all i want is a nice race! somehow i enjoy a good race more then someone being called WDC.

but... for someone's sake, please please don't let anyone use someone else's nuts and bolts cos i for sure don't want to have the result of this race being changed in 2 years time or so.

Another Japanese driver to make his début at Interlagos, following on Kazuki Nakajima in 2007. I hope he doesn't mow down his mechanics at his first pitstop.

Lets see if he can improve the at best iffy reputation of Japanese F1 drivers.

Re: Yas Marina Circuit is open for business

Both Bernie and the boss of the Yas Marina circuit have said the would "like it" if Jenson didn't win the title in Brazil...... I wonder what's going to happen to his car/penalties he will suffer at the weekend ;)

Back
Top Bottom