Poll Interest in a Driving and Social Day

Would you be interested in a Competition and Social day out with CTA?

• Yes, would help judge and organise.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, would like to spectate.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I might be interested, but don't count on me. I think that's the most commitment I can give. Sorry canis , I doubt that helps much!

Sorry for not answering questions last night, too much of the red wine at dinner makes for a sleepy Canis :sleeping:

As Brogan has said, they provide the cars, and yes, you do get to drive it like you stole it. They have no worries about you breaking the cars (we managed to take out 3 of the 6 cars we were using last time we were there, 2 beyond repair). The only thing is that you need to wear something that you are happy to get a little dirty. No need for race suits or gloves, but they do provide helmets. These are standard road going cars with maybe a few tweaks to the suspension, so nothing majorly expensive or difficult to drive.

If you really want to drive your own car they will let you, but, just to give you an indication of what to expect, I did 6 hot laps in one of my cars and had to limp to the nearest tyre place to replace all 4 tyres which only had about 500 miles on them before driving. The surface will rip them apart. So not really a recommendation.

I am still waiting on a response about the licences and will post that as soon as I hear from them.

Sounds fab :)

I originally (stupidly) chose 'no, not interested' due to location, but having read more about it I reckon it'd be well worth the trip and petrol pennies. Can't seem to amend my original vote now though to 'yes, would like to drive'...

I have to admit that I would be quite interested in driving - after my post-cancer physio, I feel "fitter, stronger, healthier..." to quote Radiohead, and I have a decent number of holidays to use up!

If people are thinking it is to far to go why not ask members that live near you to meet up and go using only one vehicle. I'm sure gethinceri would gladly meet me at my flat drive me there pay for all the petrol and then drive me home again and I'll provide him with the pleasure of my company....:)

It is a company called SpeedfreekZ which are based at what is currently described as an "active" airbase near Throckmorten, not far outside of Evesham.

Would love to guys so keep me informed. Location's a push so thats what I tagged so notvto screw the numbers but if the date etc I could come along and meet you guys.

Back
Top Bottom