In-season testing solution... Stefan F1!

Sorry to say I too was grabbed hook line and sinker 'til point three. And now I actually feel cheated because you could have dangled me on that line all night long if you had so wished.

Who says it was a wind up?

OK, it was. But the FIA rules could well be as daft as that for the mysterious processes they arrive at. And don't forget, they're allowed to ignore the rule if the commercial rights holder isn't very tall!

Keep your nose out, Bernie!

Ecclestone has been throwing his tuppence worth in again, tipping Stefan F1 for a spot on the 2010 grid. He's also backing Ralf for a drive ( :o ). Apparently Stefan is a who's who of rejected F1 people, featuring as it does Coughlan and Ryan from McLaren on the books and Kolles from Spyker/Midland/<insert team name here>

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/8107.html

With Toyota recalling all their cars, where does that leave Stefan F1?

[Snagglepuss]Exit, stage right[/Snagglepuss]

Found this picture of what is supposed to be the Toyota TF110 or Stefan GP01 (or whatever they care to call it). I presume it is this years car as the nose is quite different to the TF109 but, compared to the other teams, they don't appear to have put as much effort into the front wing.

376-formula-1-season-2010-tf1-10-design.jpg

I wonder when the FIA/Bernie will just throw their hands up and let Stefan play.

With there being now almost no chance of one or both of USF1 and Campos making the grid at least give Stefan F1 a chance to make it.

(have they signed a deal to run Cossys?)

teabagyokel said:
I can see it working over a single lap, but I reckon the drivers will just die of asphyxiation in a long run!

That's what the oxygen tanks are for! Mind you, they do weigh heavily so may have to just hold their breath.

You have to wonder about the driver line-up though! Nakajima & Villeneuve. The Worst World Champion next to Bog Standard Japaneser Geezer! Uninspiring.

The lack of tyres will also bugger up his plans to provide a through season testing service to other teams as well. Not much point trying to get young drivers up to speed in an F1 car if the car can't get up to speed because it's not on the right rubber.

I can't see how he can get on the grid this year because to admit Stefan F1 is to admit that the original selection process was a total failure (which we all know it was) and the FIA always want everything done on their rules and not have someone come in and upset the apple cart. USF1 look like they aren't going to make it but somehow I think they're entry will be left to fizzle out rather than let Stefan F1 in.

Who does the vetting of what teams get the entry though? Is it the FIA or is it FOM? Obviously teams have to agree to abide by the FIA rules, but I have a funny suspicion that the contract to enter is dealt with by FOM...

Back
Top Bottom