If you could see any race.....

mjo - This is the highlight package I made a few years ago for Monza 81. It was made for YouTube so it had to be 10 minutes. I'll post the 30 Min. BBC Highlight show today as well.

Although it falls outside the time frame listed, Monza in 1971 was epic. The closest-ever finish in F1!

Here is the full BBC Highlight show from Monza 81.

siffert_fan - I have the whole race from Monza 71 somewhere, but I'll just post some of the highlights here for now.

The Finish

Short highlight package (not my video, but it is from the same source footage)

Austria 82, De Angelis wins for Lotus in what would be the last race victory for Colin Chapman.

Australia 1989 would be great to see. My Dad said he'd put the VHS on but he recorded on the wrong channel so I never got to see it!

Dallas please KekeTheKing. I remember it as a bit of a farce with the disintegrating track, but Rosberg winning made it enjoyable for me. It would be nice to see it again because time has certainly blurred the memories.

Wasn't it also another of Mansell's many bad luck stories that preceded his first win?

Glad to see all the interest this morning! Belgium 89 Finished uploading over night.

Race Buildup

Race Start

End of GP/Podium/Interviews

This is all the Monaco 1970 race footage I have. It has French commentary, but there is quite a bit of coverage here.

Oz 89 up next!

Adelaide 1989 - Buildup, First start, Red Flag, Prost saying "ridiculous" about 50 times.

Soggy Restart

The rest coming soon...

Last edited:
KekeTheKing ... love the thread ...

Italy 1987 .... Senna in the Camel Lotus ... active suspension that was working well on slow street circuits... but not so good on anything else ... never pitted and assumed the lead after the pit stops cycled through ... Piquet was chasing him ... but for the old war horse Piercarlo Ghinzani whose Osella (I think) let go on the run to Parabolica depositing several gallons of Agip which Senna slewed through and into the grass / gravel trap... managed to keep it running, pointed it after Piquet and on race old tyres chased him to within a couple of seconds of victory ... a portend of what we would see at Suzuka in the following year after he blew the start and chased down his first WDC ...

Back
Top Bottom