IE9? Thoughts?

ITried Chrome, realised you can't have your shortcuts on the screen ready to press as you need them (vital for someone like me that has about 20-30 I use every day) so uninstalled it, same day!

You can have a shortcut bar at the top just under the address bar. You can even rename them so just the favicon remains! I have about 17 and still half a bar free for adding more! Perfect for your needs I think!

shortcut bar.jpg

Been flying the Mozilla flag for years but google chrome wins hands down. Fastest JavaScript engine and best adoption of HTML5 and CSS3. If you want a browser and are baffled by choice, or even ignorant to choice as Microsoft would hope, take it from me and just grab yourself a chrome install and set it as default.

Can't get past firefox.

Google Chrome is too advanced and futuristic, Explorer can't see half of the page because it has tools and and stuff all over it!

Can't get past firefox.

Google Chrome is too advanced and futuristic, Explorer can't see half of the page because it has tools and and stuff all over it!

Ha ha. Too futuristic? Just install it. Nothing whacky or confusing about it. Works like any other browser except that you can search directly in the address bar.

Ha ha. Too futuristic? Just install it. Nothing whacky or confusing about it. Works like any other browser except that you can search directly in the address bar.

Which you can do in Opera and IE9 too - it's very useful.

Explorer can't see half of the page because it has tools and and stuff all over it!

Got to say that isn't true any more either, IE9 is just as clutter free as Chrome:

ie9 window.png

I'm not saying IE9 is the best, but I think it is a decent browser.

Which you can do in Opera and IE9 too - it's very useful.

Got to say that isn't true any more either, IE9 is just as clutter free as Chrome:

View attachment 2341

I'm not saying IE9 is the best, but I think it is a decent browser.

Hey look. I'm not an evangelist. IE9 is a good browser by the way. They seem to be finally getting there. Microsoft have been getting better and better across the board in recent years. Window 7 has been a massive turning point for them.

I offer my advice as someone who has been working in the web industry for over 10 years and have chaired the browser matrix committee in my past three employments. Just sharing my professional opinion. You are more than welcome to disagree with me but it's my job to keep on top of these things, and I do.

I have all three browsers installed, haven't updated Internet Explorer as I don't use it no more. I tried Chrome, I prefer Mozilla as I feel it's easier to navigate through and I like it's functions.

Funnily enough, when I was living in an apartment where we shared computers, all 3 of us used different browsers.

I have all three browsers installed, haven't updated Internet Explorer as I don't use it no more. I tried Chrome, I prefer Mozilla as I feel it's easier to navigate through and I like it's functions.

Funnily enough, when I was living in an apartment where we shared computers, all 3 of us used different browsers.

Imagine what my machine looks like. I have Chrome, Firefox, IE9, Opera, Safari and then also virtual machines for running IE8, IE7 and IE6. Given that Firefox are on a rapid release program now releasing a major version every month in a bid to try and catch up with chrome (to protect thier depleting market share), I now also find myself running multiple beta versions of Firefox too.

Hey look. I'm not an evangelist. IE9 is a good browser by the way. They seem to be finally getting there. Microsoft have been getting better and better across the board in recent years. Window 7 has been a massive turning point for them.

I offer my advice as someone who has been working in the web industry for over 10 years and have chaired the browser matrix committee in my past three employments. Just sharing my professional opinion. You are more than welcome to disagree with me but it's my job to keep on top of these things, and I do.

I wasn't really disagreeing with you, I just think that some people (not you) are too quick to rubbish something just because Microsoft is on the box before even trying it for themselves. Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE9 all have their strong points in my opinion so it comes down to which one works best for you.

I wasn't really disagreeing with you, I just think that some people (not you) are too quick to rubbish something just because Microsoft is on the box before even trying it for themselves. Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE9 all have their strong points in my opinion so it comes down to which one works best for you.

Well from previous experiences with Internet explorer is what put me off it, I tried 8, it wasn't great, as loading up pages where quite late, I tried Mozilla as it was recommended by a mate, got myself a date at Friday night at 8.

Wasn't trying the rhyming thing initially until I figured that 8 rhymed with great in the post :shocked:

Basically I started using Mozilla after Explorer was a pain, and went to mozilla where it had obvious gains, now I am happy with the browser I have so I feel no need to try IE9, nothing to do with Microsoft on the box.

That is one good feature, but why Wouk you be on foreign websites anyway :whistle:

I'm currently developing the user-experience for all the international Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile) websites so it's very useful for me at them moment.

For a CTA user, you might want to read some F1 stories or purchase some F1 goodies from international sites too. Maybe you would want to look at activities in and around Monza if you were travelling there this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom