Hillsborough Disaster

F1ang-o

Race Winner
Contributor
This was one of those horrific tragedies.........that if you were old enough to remember it, you would know exactly were you where at that moment.....when you realised the amount of lives lost...at a football match.
It has taken 23 years to get justice & to bring the liars to task.
96 dead. ...........many could have been saved if the ambulances had been able to get through. I was watching it as it unfolded into the worst football tragedy.

I have been to Liverpool football club quite a few times,....albeit years ago when the team I supported played there. There was no hooliganism ........their fans were so friendly, the worst you'd get is your scarf grabbed as you were getting on return buses.

Well I hope the findings today bring a sense of closure and the families and the club to move on an it will be a relief to not hear the constant harping on about it every year!!!

This story has a long way to run yet. I fully expect some sort of action by the CPS or at least a new coroners report.

One good thing for me in what has otherwise been a tragic story is watching that asshole Kelvin MacKenzie beg for forgivness for printing that "The Truth" story in Liverpools lowest selling newspaper a few days after the event. Turns out the information provided to The Sun newspaper was not the truth at all. Well who would have thought that. I guess it was because there were no mobile phones in those days to help the Sun verify its story.

:whistle:

It has taken a lot of determined people to clear the names & reputation of Liverpool fans that lived & helped the 766 injured, one of whom had partial recovery, after being on a life support machine for four years.
If I'd lost someone in that tragedy, I would want to know the truth...however horrific it was.

Well I hope the findings today bring a sense of closure and the families and the club to move on an it will be a relief to not hear the constant harping on about it every year!!!
My thoughts exactly it is September now and guess what the TV is flooded with 9/11 stuff why do people feel the need to rake over and over such horrific tragedies, do people get some kind of kick out of seeing death suffering?

It was always going to be very bad for the Tories so there was never any chance of a review until after 1997 however I don't understand why things didn't move quicker under Labour.

Back
Top Bottom