Have F1 Sprint Races been a success?

zanderrrk

Browser
Hello all!

Following on from the sprint race in Austria last weekend, I am currently conducting research into how the introduction of Sprint weekends into the F1 calendar has influenced fan enjoyment as part of my Masters Thesis! All groups of fans are welcome as long as you have a basic understanding of the Sprint format!

If this is a topic that interests you we would really appreciate 5 minutes of your time to fill out our survey: https://loughboroughssehs.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dn8RmEapHMSrhtk

Hello all!

Following on from the sprint race in Austria last weekend, I am currently conducting research into how the introduction of Sprint weekends into the F1 calendar has influenced fan enjoyment as part of my Masters Thesis! All groups of fans are welcome as long as you have a basic understanding of the Sprint format!

If this is a topic that interests you we would really appreciate 5 minutes of your time to fill out our survey: https://loughboroughssehs.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dn8RmEapHMSrhtk
I’ve done your survey but I found it quite difficult especially where referring to the best driver (as machinery plays a huge if not the huge part). Also my enjoyment of sprints I’m pretty sure has been clouded by the choice of circuits, the fact it’s not all circuits, and who seems to be benefiting the most as points are awarded.
I don’t mind sprints but don’t like points being awarded, i mind being at work when qualifying is on and I would be happier if it was all not some races.
I get more enjoyment watching battles than passes so reverse grid is a load of bollocks.
Hope this helps.

I've just completed your survey. I cannot make any comment on the idea of reverse grid races as I've never seen on in F1 so any view would be entirely speculative.

One thing you seem to have missed is that those races with Sprint qualifying, are worth more points than a traditional race. This makes these races far more lucrative to the championship than the others. If the sprint race is to be used to determine the grid for Sunday it should be used at every race and worth points. If it's not used at every race it should not be worth any championship points.

Back
Top Bottom