• Interlagos

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Suzuka

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Old Hockenheim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I go with the old Nurburgring. I would vote for the old Spa, if that choice were available.

I honestly find all of the "modern" tracks, particularly all of the Tilke abominations, to be featureless snoozefests, reminding me of enlarged kart courses.

Have gone for Spa, but would have love to have seen Silverstone track from the Mid 80's in there. The one where Keke screamed round @ 160.9mph for a qualifying lap in 1985 and it took 17 years for anyone to get near it.

For me F1 is about speed, drag, aero and drivers with the biggest Cojones & this curcuit was it.

The right hander into Copse, can you imagine what it was like to be in a car right on the edge @ top speed taking that corner with the cars of that era.....right I've experience that I can go to heaven now.............

But hey the H&S people rightly got their size 9's into that door and wouldn't ever let it be closed again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_British_Grand_Prix

Out of all the adjustments made to circuits, I think that the Silverstone we have now is better than the one of 1985. And it's not often that we get t say a circuit is better now than one of the old days!

Out of all the adjustments made to circuits, I think that the Silverstone we have now is better than the one of 1985. And it's not often that we get t say a circuit is better now than one of the old days!

In a nice way I really have to disagree with you, today's Silverstone needs a map for the viewer to take in & understand.

Sorry I'm a F1 80's traditionalist, I want speed, power & big Fat rear tyres. The Silverstone pits looks nice & I love the grass but hey I'm only interested in the tarmac and the cars........

The most beautiful machine ever made:

lotus-97t.jpg

Fully understood, but nowadays I think Silverstone has the ultimate blend of modern and traditional (although run-off areas do piss me off) but hey, we can agree to disagree. And I wasn't alive during the 80's so I can't really comment on the 80's f1.

Fully understood, but nowadays I think Silverstone has the ultimate blend of modern and traditional (although run-off areas do piss me off) but hey, we can agree to disagree. And I wasn't alive during the 80's so I can't really comment on the 80's f1.
LOLLOLLOLLOL how to make a bloke feel old. As for run off areas don't get me started......I see Tarmac run off areas a bit like a footballer coming back on the pitch after getting a red card.

Back
Top Bottom