Frank Williams stands down as Chairman

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Not a great surprise given his age and disability but Frank Williams is standing down as Chairman of the Williams F1 team with Adam Parr, current CEO, taking over. FW will continue on as team principal.

Let's hope some new blood at the top will help stem Williams' decline over recent years but I'm not sure if promoting the man who is the current No.2 is going to help.

http://www.attwilliams.com/news/view/1457

Sounds like not too much of a change overall, if Sir Frank is still majority shareholder and team principal. Possibly the start of a gradual move towards retirement though, one that would be very well-earned.

(FB: stands down? Not sure about that mate. Moves aside, perhaps?)

I was taking this from the comment that Williams have asked Adam Parr to "step up" so made the association that Williams had "stood down" but stepping aside might be a better description G as,as you say, Williams still maintains his majority share holding.

FB said:
I was taking this from the comment that Williams have asked Adam Parr to "step up" so made the association that Williams had "stood down" but stepping aside might be a better description G as,as you say, Williams still maintains his majority share holding.

I think he was getting at the use of the word "step" ;)

OK, don't think that is really the point.

As team principals go Sir Frank is one of the all time greats, and it seems that he is heading towards retirement. Good luck to him and his team.

Back
Top Bottom