Formula One 2010 - the fun starts here

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
So F1 2010, what is it going to look like? What teams, what circuits? I've heard rumours that the House of Commons is ready to start an F1 team and claim it on expenses...

2009 TEAMS:
  • Brawn
    Red Bull
    Toyota
    McLaren
    Renault
    BMW
    Ferrari
    Williams
    Toro Rosso
    Force India

To make up the 13 teams we need 8 teams to add to Brawn-Merc, McLaren-Merc, FI-Merc, Williams-Merc & BMW (If all these teams pull out Merc & BMW will be only engines surviving, and Williams-BMW? Doubt it?)

So who will be the eight teams and how many engines will Merc need to build?

Have BMW said they will? Thought there were going home as well?

Anyway, those I can think of who have said they will, or would like to, take part are:

- Dave Richards aka Aston Martin
- Lola
- The South African bloke running the Portugese team in A1GP - Tony Teixeira
- Litespeed
- USGPE or USF1 or whatever (the Danica Patrick team, as it will be know)

and for all the wrong reasons, here is a picture of Danica...

danica-patrick-si.jpg

So we only need another 3 and we're off. Who needs Ferrari?

OK, sorry, we can kick out BMW as well! So who are our new 9 teams to join Formula Mercedes One then? If this carries on Max is gonna get his single engine by accident!

Why not merge F1 and GP2! We can have a full grid AND a two tiered system all in one! Um, I'll get me coat... :whistle:

McZiderRed said:
Why not merge F1 and GP2! We can have a full grid AND a two tiered system all in one! Um, I'll get me coat... :whistle:
Believe it or not there were some races in which Formula Two cars raced simultaneously with Formula One cars, mainly to fill up the grid.

1957 Germany
1958 Germany
1958 Morocco
1960 Italy
1966 Germany
1967 Germany
1969 Germany

1958 Germany, Bruce McLaren finished 5th in an F2 car but wasn't eligible for points.
1960 Italy was the only race in which F1 cars were eligible for World Championship points.

To be fair all the F1 cars but the top 4 had retired, other than Cliff Allison's Lotus, which was 2 laps behind (what was he doing?) Thankfully, he did not inherit McLaren's points. (Not the last time that McLaren would be ineligible for points either)

Back
Top Bottom