Flavio Briatore's fall from grace Vol. 2 - QPR

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Not sure if its relevant here, but from BBC Sport:

Flavio Briatore's future as a QPR co-owner could be decided at a Football League board meeting on Thursday.

Briatore was banned from FIA-sanctioned events over fixing an F1 race and the Football League has asked motorsport's governing body for details of the case.

Football League rules state individuals cannot be a director or hold a majority interest in a club if they are banned from another sport's governing body.

The identities of Notts County's owners are also to be discussed.

"We have a board meeting and have at least a couple of fit-and-proper person issues which we will address," said Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney.

"They are on the agenda. I would like to come out of the board meeting with settled policies in general terms which we can apply to future cases that need to be addressed.

"I understand what is being said and we will reflect on that as a board."

Italian Briatore, 59, left his post as Renault team principal, along with executive director of engineering Pat Symonds, after the team decided not to contest FIA charges of fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

The charges were brought after Nelson Piquet Jr revealed he had been asked to crash in order to help team-mate Fernando Alonso.

At a recent World Motor Sport Council hearing, Briatore was banned with the FIA adding that it would not grant a licence to any team he was involved with or renew an F1 Superlicence granted to any driver associated with him.

Briatore is co-owner of QPR along with F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone and steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal.

He is also chairman of the holding company that owns the club and a director on the board of the Championship side.

Now, the Notts owners are, I believe, involved in Qadback, so that outcome will be interesting. If Flav is kicked from QPR, will Bernie be forced to take more of an involved role in the club, and what will that mean for F1?

Flav deserves what he gets. Senna beleived him and Benneton to be cheating way back in the early 90's

The FA are alse questioning who owns Quadbak and Notts County. Should the FIA be doing the same with Quadbak and Sauber?

I wonder how they would go about removing him from his position? He's a part owner, presumably if they make him sell his shares, there has to be a buyer prepared to pay a fair market price?

I wonder how they would go about removing him from his position? He's a part owner, presumably if they make him sell his shares, there has to be a buyer prepared to pay a fair market price?

Sorry I'm not a great follower of football, could they do something similar to his F1 punishment?

Briatore was banned with the FIA adding that it would not grant a licence to any team he was involved with or renew an F1 Superlicence granted to any driver associated with him.

Sorry I'm not a great follower of football, could they do something similar to his F1 punishment?

I vote for locking him into a room with a certain drunken Delia in Norwich!
(Where are ya! Lets be 'avin' ya!) :o

She'll show him how a celebrity should act when owning a football club! LOL

Knowing Fav though, he'll just end up having a slap up lunch! :rolleyes:

Celebrity books you may be interested in :-

Delia Smith - How to Cheat at Cooking - Available at Amazon for £9

Flav - How to Cheat in F1 (Foreward by Max & Bernie) - Available soon..........

Sorry, to hi-jack the thread :whistle:

fat_jez said:

I wondered about this, but the comment is that he cannot be a majority shareholder, this could easily mean that he just transfers one share to Bernie and QPR is sorted, although a three way split may not require him to have less shares as theorectically he will not be a majority holder, but they may require him to be the lesser partner.

Notts, you sort of get the feeling that noone really knows the exact state of affairs there anyway. Seems like he'd need to fe removed from his active roles, but the holding... Funny how confusion follows some people around.

It depends on how determined the Football League is keen to get Briatore out of QPR. The League has been known to find obscure rules that will lead to mammoth points penalties before, eg. the -15 for Leeds and the -30 for Luton. If Leeds hadn't taken their points penalty, they'd have been thrown out of the league, the Conference wouldn't have taken them and they'd have had to play in the Northern Premier!

I'm not sure if anyone has ever tripped over the "fit and proper" test in the FL, but my impression is that the FL care more about their history and heritage than do the Pr€mi€r £€agu€.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/8295331.stm

Flavio Briatore must wait to discover if he has a future as a QPR co-owner as the Football League seeks clarification from him on a number of issues.

The Italian was discussed at a Football League meeting on Thursday in relation to the Fit and Proper Persons Test.

Briatore was banned from FIA-sanctioned events after an F1 race-fixing scandal.

Football League rules state individuals cannot be a director or hold a majority interest in a club if they are banned from another sport's governing body.

"The board conducted a comprehensive review of the situation, including the receipt of advice from leading counsel," said a Football League statement.

"After considering all the information presently available to it and in the interest of due process, the board will seek responses from Mr Briatore before commenting further."

Briatore, 59, left his post as Renault team principal, along with executive director of engineering Pat Symonds, after the team decided not to contest FIA charges of fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

The charges were brought after Nelson Piquet Jr revealed he had been asked to crash in order to help team-mate Fernando Alonso.

At a recent World Motor Sport Council hearing, Briatore was banned with the FIA adding that it would not grant a licence to any team he was involved with or renew an F1 Superlicence granted to any driver associated with him.

Briatore is co-owner of QPR along with F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone and steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal.

He is also chairman of the holding company that owns the club and a director on the board of the Championship side.

Nothing on Qadback, some comment on Leeds, they won't let that one lie.

Come on, Mahwinney, lets be having you! LOL

Just to follow up on this, Bernie said Briatore won't be allowed at any F1 event "until" he proves his innocence.

Bernie still seems to think his best mate is entirely innocent in the whole affair

Brogan said:
Just to follow up on this, Bernie said Briatore won't be allowed at any F1 event "until" he proves his innocence.

Bernie still seems to think his best mate is entirely innocent in the whole affair

Does he really mean that he won't be allowed general admission, or does he mean that Bernie himself won't roll out the res carpet and treat him like royalty... or summat in the middle.

Bernie is really becoming a major centre parting!

Maybe they'll bring forward some cooked up evidence.

Or make somebody else the scape goat (oh tried that already).

I think this speaks volumes to the sort of man Bernie is. In his position he should be distancing himself from both Flav and the whole affair. Surely the more it is brought to public attention the longer it will harm F1.

Let's face it, if Flav is innocent he should start by suing Renault for unfair/construtive dissmissal - then worry about the FIA, his problem was that renault felt there was no defence.

Or to put it another way, for the low life lying scumbag to have any chance at restoring what shady credability he might have had he first must challenge the organisation that decided the evidence against him was so overwhelming that didn't want to stand up in court and discuss all the actions he was accusedof whilst in their employ. Until he has challenged them and proven they should have given him a defence he has as many legs to stand on as a worm in any appeal against the FIA's decision of guilt.

Roughly...

Back
Top Bottom