Fernando Alonso - 2010 World Champion

EL_NANDO

Rookie
Use this thread to discuss legendary Fernando's MARCH to become a triple WDC. All the way from car development from him lifting the trophy just after mid season. LOL

All views welcome.

I suppose at this point in time he has as much chance as anyone but it all depends how the teams adapt to the new rules; larger fuel cells, chassis changes, no KERS, etc.

It won't be until testing when we can see who is where.

I'll get back to you then ;)

I think he could well be fighting for it.

Right now I think he's the best all rounder in the field, although given a competitive car, Button could also be vying for that bragging right.

I'd dearly love to see the Ferraris, McLarens, Brawns and Red Bulls on a similar pace come the start of the season, we could have fireworks. It'd be brilliant.

EL_NANDO said:
Use this thread to discuss legendary Fernando's MARCH to become a triple WDC. All the way from car development from him lifting the trophy just after mid season. LOL

It is 6 months before the start of next season. I have not pronounced who will MARCH all the way to the World Championship. I said this time last year I thought it would be Kubica, and look what happened to that prediction.

I see no reason why Ferrari will be any better next season than this, and if they aren't Alonso won't be World Champion.

Not to mention the various mental deficiencies Alonso has shown at McLaren.

Fernando Alonso has a couple of obstacles in the way before he can lay claim to another world championship. Felipe Massa for one. Alonso likes to have no.1 status in the team and Ferrari have a soft spot for Massa.

Secondly, there could be three other teams that are competitive, assuming that the Ferrari is not just a nicely coloured wheel-barrow.

EL_NANDO, hats off to you. :goodday: You do seem very confident that your man will win through. I take it you've taken your confidence down the bookies and put some green where your keyboard is?

Unless Ferrari declare a de facto number one driver, Massa and Alonso are going to be taking points off each other all season and it will be a repeat of Alonso's time at McLaren. Massa is not going to settle for being number two driver so I doubt he's going to be offering much help there. I personally think that Ferrari are making a big mistake in having two potential WDC's in the same team. far better to have a superb driver winning races (and WDC's) and a good driver who can win the odd race and bring home the points consistently in second or third to help secure the WCC.

fedupwithuserids said:
At least this time any Ferrari E-mails Alonso has on his computer will be completely legitimate.
:snigger:

I have to say I agree with you fat_jez.
I can see a repeat of McLaren 2007 on the cards.

EL_NANDO said:

All views welcome.

Have I missed something and Ferrari created a seperate championship with only Alonso in it ?

Nah, I agree with everybody elso whose posted so far, Massa will kick his butt and Alonso will throw his toys out of the pram car.

Brogan said:
I don't necessarily think Massa will beat Alonso as I don't think he's quite at the same level.

I don't think he will consistently beat Alonso, but I think he'll do it enough to upset him. Which knowing Alonso will probably only have to be once LOL

Brogran said : I don't necessarily think Massa will beat Alonso as I don't think he's quite at the same level.

fat_jez said : I don't think he will consistently beat Alonso, but I think he'll do it enough to upset him. Which knowing Alonso will probably only have to be once LOL

I actually agree with both statements.

On the whole I think Alonso is probably the better driver of the two. But in a thread like this, my previous answer seemed appropiate.

But to which driver is more rounded, I think Massa probably pips that one.

Unless Alonso is in the No1 spot and gets most of the attention than I think history will only repeat himself. In 2007 if Alonso had directed more of his energy to winning than in-fighting he would have already been a triple WDC.

Alonso will only be at the same level as Massa, when he can ignore the red mist.

Also i think Massa is only about 4 points behind Alonso. The Ferrari was also a dog at the beginning of the season, and Alonso has taken part in a few more races.

fat_jez said:
and a good driver who can win the odd race and bring home the points consistently in second or third to help secure the WCC.

Someone give Nick Heidfeld a top drive! No seriously, he'd be a brilliant Coulthardichello!

As for Alonso, he's not perfect and there'll be a few people with something to say next season. And some people who'll post despite not having something to say, too. Hence threads like these!

I don't necessarily think Massa will beat Alonso as I don't think he's quite at the same level.

Who would have thought Massa would have run Raikkonen so close though? I know Kimi's motivation has been questioned but I also believe the pyschology of Ferrari suits Felipe very well and when you have Schumie sitting in your corner (to us a boxing metaphor) is FA likely to feel a bit isolated? Alonso failed at McLaren because it, effectively, became Hamilton's team. What chance history repeating itself?

FB said:
Who would have thought Massa would have run Raikkonen so close though?

Remember than in the F2008, Massa took Raikkonen to the cleaners, and up to his injury Massa headed Raikkonen (and everyone else not in a Red Bull or Brawn) in the Championship! Alonso vs Massa is not a foregone conclusion, never mind the crap about Alonso being guaranteed the 2010 title!

EL_NANDO said:

All views welcome.

Is that like Lord March?!?

Maybe he will, maybe not,but if the Italian maffia doesn't give him No.1 status, the Brazilian maffia won't pull any punches.. Still, should be fun to see Massa wiping the floor with him the same way he did Kimi.

I'm glad you are all talking up Massa to beat Alonso. It will make it all the better when Alonso beats him and I can wheel out some of your predictions! :snigger:

Back
Top Bottom