Formula 2 F2 2018

IMG_20181121_185109.jpg

Its never over til its over of course with sport & the numerous examples just in F1. but you would say the title fight is as good as dead because Albon needed pole to take deficet to 33 & outqualify his rival. To maintain any realistic prospect of a title challenge but hes 7th & with russell on pole

with a 41pt lead with effectively 40pts remaining. Russell can afford 2 DNFs still be f2 champ. providing albon set a both fastest lap + win both sprint & feature. But even if that unlikely event a fastest lap from russell or 8th would see it sorted

interesting article ive read saying nick de vyries saying that he is better driver than both Norris & albon, "I don't want to sound arrogant at all, but Norris and Albon were really no better than me"

'Norris, Albon no better than me'

which I disagree with because as they say in sport "table never lies" & is trying to save his skin because he under big pressure to win the F2 title now otherwise he might get left behind as he came as 1 of the big 4 & came last of them never really in title battle, Norris & Albon finished above him by 17 & 10 pts. Norris couldve been a lot more if it was for the disaterious final 2 rounds where could go wrong did. also they were more consistent because de vries had 6 podiums, Norris & Albon managed 9 & 8 podiums

De Vyries has been very overlooked by McLaren for a while now and is annoyed he's being ushered into a Gary Parfeet/Oliver Turvey role. He has to blame himself a little though. He really does/did have potential to be a real star but he's just never backed it up with results. He really is the quickest out there on his good days but he just can't do it consistently.

I doubt we'll ever see him in F1 even if he wins F2 title next year.

Back
Top Bottom