Formula 2 F2 2017

just got through the Sprint race from last sunday. shame that leclerc lost that dominant win through plank wear but if anything its made sprint race fantastic to watch to see some of moves he made coming up through the field, like around outside of phouon on marklelov was great, also interesting stat. Gasly won the 2016 title with 219pts. Leclerc with 3 rounds remaining even with disqualification from Belgian feature race is on 218pts

terrifying accident for matushita, lost the car on the exit of eau rouge at probally 180mph straight into the barriers. probally would've been :censored: ouch . also amazingly he got out uhurt, amazing car strength

f2.jpg

Charles Leclerc has won the championship.

It's a close battle for 2nd with four drivers, Rowland (2nd - 189), Markelov (3rd - 177), Ghiotto (4th - 164) and Latifi (5th - 156), having the chance of finishing as runner-up at the final round in Abu Dhabi.

I forgot to mention that George Russell from Kings Lynn (also hometown of Martin Brundle) has won the GP3 championship. It's a four horse race for P2 in the championship Jack Aitken is in the best position with 140 points, 3rd is Nirei Fukuzumi 134 points, 4th Antoine Hubert points and 5th Guiliano Alesi 99 points.

Arjun Maini has had dissapointed a bit after a strong start to the season.

Next season there should be a more general thread for the junior categories including GP3 and F3 as these series will also be tidied up the FIA.

Last edited:
I used to do a GP3 thread every year and no one posted on it.

To be honest the reason we keep them separate is spoilers. I sometimes have watched the F2 but not GP3 so Wouldn't want to see the GP3 results talked about on the F2 thread.

Lando Norris has won the F3 championship. It has been an incredible season for him against driver who have a year or more experience in the series. It must be very frustrating for Günther to finish second twice in a row.

Great & a relief to see new F2 car. Has the kept the fantastic racing ive enjoyed so much over last 4 yrs & McLaren junior Lando Norris so far is driving 1 of the most impressive F2 debuts of recent years. Absoulte dominance so far

Back
Top Bottom