Formula 2 F2 2017

Who is sponsoring Sergio Canamasas?
I looked him up, because I wanted to see how many seasons he has already spent in F2. So far, this is his 6th season and he'll probably be there for another 2- 3 years. :D
Furthermore, he is 29 years old and still struggling to get to grips with the car; it seems to be clear that there is a lack of talent and that he is no hot prospect for F1.
Therefore, I'm really keen on knowing who is spending their money on the bloke. My theory is that he's part of a money laundering scheme but that's off topic... :D

Canamasas is prob sponsored by Sky to create more crashes and thus attracted more viewers. That the only thing I conclude.

It staggers belief that he once did Friday testing for Caterham F1!

Rutherford completely agree on canamasas. he has just turned into a fixture of the series. but nevermind budget with all his many dangerous antics down where he has punted many drivers off the track on purpose & accidentally. ignored black flag in singapore. will buxton wanted to throttle him in monza after outbraking himself & just keeping acclerating over a gravel trap at 120mph & rejoining track im amazed fia still give him a licence hes dangerous

Rutherford - I have often wondered the same thing - who does keep sponsoring these cataclysmic no-hopers? PDVSA bankrolled Maldonado's career, but at least he had some inherent pace (albeit only occasionally). I recall names like Esteban Tuero or Ricardo Rosset who should probably never have been allowed within 2 miles of an F1 car...

why is that useless drivers are the only ones that get multiple chances, but yet drivers like Buemi & di resta get chewed up & spat out with 1 chance

Rutherford - I have often wondered the same thing - who does keep sponsoring these cataclysmic no-hopers? PDVSA bankrolled Maldonado's career, but at least he had some inherent pace (albeit only occasionally). I recall names like Esteban Tuero or Ricardo Rosset who should probably never have been allowed within 2 miles of an F1 car...
Tuero would have turned out to be a, at least, decent F1 driver. He was very young when he entered F1 and then suffered a career ending back injury at the age of 20 years. Back in those days drivers weren't nurtured as they are now and yet he had some decent races.
He's often underestimated.

Last edited:
why is that useless drivers are the only ones that get multiple chances, but yet drivers like Buemi & di resta get chewed up & spat out with 1 chance
Di Resta had three seasons and the only thing he had to show after those three seasons is that he once beat Vettel in an F3 race. Really, that is not impressive.
Buemi signed for the wrong team, he had no sponsors other than Red Bull, so his chances of getting signed anywhere else were lowered substantially by not being able to bring any money to another team.
That's the problem, once one is signed up to the Red Bull academy one is fully reliant on Red Bull. Apart from Vettel, Ricciardo, Kvyat and Verstappen who have all been promoted to the top team none of the other Toro Rosso drivers have ever raced in F1 again with the exception of Liuzzi and Klien, but they ended up at HRT.

Liuzzi spent time at Force India, so he didn't go straight from RBR to the scrapheap.

Don't forget that Narain Karthikeyan beat Daniel Ricciardo in the championship at HRT.

Leclerc has got seven poles from seven this season. If he does not get a Formula One drive in the near future, then the utility of Formula Two can be seriously doubted.

you have read my mind teabagyokel just came to say the same

i didnt see much of this guy in GP3 last yr as he took the title, but big fan of Gp2 so watched this guy all season & I am running out of compliments for the guy because he everytime he competed I cant help but be impressed. he only taken part in 7 GP2 qualys & he has taken all 7 poles, taking 4 feature wins + 1 sprint race from 6 races. & now 1/2 second clear today of 2nd in context same 1/2 second separated 2nd to 13th, if this guy after this cant get a drive in F1, then we might as well shut F2 down

am i wrong in thinking Rowland shouldve got punished for 1 or both of his overly aggressive moves on the final racing lap. because he forced Markelov off in a Schumacher Barrichello type move & then carried on & forced his teammate off the road as well

another F2 weekend another impressive display from leclerc 8 races 8 poles. the 1st lap in qualifying was amazing majority did there lap he comes in 2.5 secs clear. must say he looked mighty in the middle sector,

when in racing 2 tenths in huge margin to be nearly 7 tenths ahead of 2nd & also 1.25s ahead of 4th thats a country mile

I can't believe Ferrari signed Raikkonen. They should have given Leclerc a chance like they did with Derek Bell back in 1968.

On the other hand, it would be a disaster for a four time world champion to be beaten by a rookie.

I can't believe Ferrari signed Raikkonen. They should have given Leclerc a chance like they did with Derek Bell back in 1968.

On the other hand, it would be a disaster for a four time world champion to be beaten by a rookie.

or Ron Dennis did with Lewis Hamilton in 07

Yes.
It’s often said that Ferrari don’t sign rookie drivers, but they have had quite a few in the past:
G. Villeneuve*, Derek Bell, Merzario and some others.

Back
Top Bottom