Pre-Season F1 Winter programme for 2011/12 (launches and testing thread)

Running order for Jerez

Screen Shot 2012-02-03 at 16.08.59.png

Anyone think the fact Catherham not announcing their driver order for the test and Petrov claiming his F1 future will be sorted this week are linked?

If not then we can conclude Petrov missed out on the HRT seat!

Probably not. Not at least for race seats. Think it would of been sorted by now if they were going to change drivers. Maybe a test seat? I suppose they could of done a "Walkinshaw" with Salo - De La Rosa and Verstappen - Bernoldi. but i think we would of heard Trulli whinging about how he hasn't had a fair crack of whip and how steering wheels don't turn on his car by now.

Anyone think the fact Catherham not announcing their driver order for the test and Petrov claiming his F1 future will be sorted this week are linked?

If not then we can conclude Petrov missed out on the HRT seat!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97277 Narain Karthikeyan will fill the final racing seat of the 2012 season after he was confirmed at HRT on Friday morning.
The Indian will partner Spaniard Pedro de la Rosa at the team, which will enter its third Formula 1 season this year.

Yeah i know about Karthikeyan but Petrov was saying we'd find out about his F1 future this week - does that mean HRT gave Karthikeyan the seat over Petrov or is Petrov still in the frame for Catherham?

That is the day they saved by not running the W02 in Jerez on the last day, isn't it?

Yeah

Mercedes won back an extra day with the W03 by using only three of the four available days at Jerez with the old car.
Under the testing agreement, missing that day earned the team a private test, which it utilised today – with no prying eyes and no red flags caused by others to disrupt running.

Does that mean HRT can do like a while week's worth of testing when their car is released even after the season starts?

Assuming they can stump up the cash to hire the circuit and all the appropriate safety equipment & staff why not?

So techinically yes but actually no - although maybe Bernie could lend them his back garden in in the interest of fairness

Ah, mis-read your question Rasspy - I think once the season has started only straight line testing is allowed and then the extra test date which has been announced. All other testing must be done pre-season.

Back
Top Bottom