F1 or Motorsport Mags

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
Everyweek i get the Autosport mag because i find the interviews in it brilliant. But of late i've found that you don't get the value you pay for it now. The pages are less and there's too much advertising in it.

I used to get the F1 racing mag as i found it a good read. But it's not sold at any of the shops i go to anymore.

I was just wondering if there's was a mag thats our there to suit me and whether it's worth Subscribing to them and getting them sent to my home?

Get F1 Racing, order it online and you get 3 issues for £11 you save quite a bit, plus you get it delivered on the day it's published! :)

I haven't bought an F1 magazine for years, just rely on the interweb - Twitter is a great source for info although there's also a lot of crap. I just wait until seasons end and get Autocourse.

The two main ones are Autosport and F1 Racing, Autosport is too overpriced and doesn't have much in it, and it's covering for other sports isn't good at all.

F1Racing is great for F1 even if it's got a Jacques Villeneuve column, your bound to get a lot with it due to it only being monthly.

Talking of F1 racing, has anyone got this month's edition yet? Only I renewed my subscription about three weeks ago and I'm not sure if it got through in time do I don't miss this issue - the one where the new Caterham car gets launched.

Seriously, Hammy, it's a good read.

Talking of F1 racing, has anyone got this month's edition yet? Only I renewed my subscription about three weeks ago and I'm not sure if it got through in time do I don't miss this issue - the one where the new Caterham car gets launched.

Seriously, Hammy, it's a good read.

Not got mine yet either mate...

It's usually around the 22nd-25th of a month it comes out at, not sure!

Hi All - my first post on clip!

I'm a regular reader of autosport - but, after a few pages it seems to expire pretty quickly for the money. I recently bought motorsport magazine (monthly, this month with the Williams FW15b on the cover). It's deeply technical in comparison to AS, and takes a lot of reading to fully digest. I'm not finished with it after two weeks! My only complaint is that the "news" is quite out of date - a symptom most likely of a monthly F1 magazine.

Hope that helps!

Richard

Here in the states, the availability of magazines dealing with F1 racing to be found on newstands, hardly exists. I have to go too store's which specialize in foreign newspapers and magazines, in order to purchase a copy of Autosport, F1 racing or Motorsport, which is the main reason why I subscribe to all three magazines. Each of them differ from the other in certain ways, which I really and truly enjoy. Motorsport offer terrific articles from experienced motoracing journalists like Nigel Roebuck, Doug Nye with his historical perspective, and a real favorite of mine Simon Taylor's series of...Lunch with. Autosport has Mark Hughes, and his excellent F1 racing coverage and analysis, plus how he spots the intricacies of a drivers movements while behind the wheel, and how it effects the car, is something special........They may not be perfect, but I look forward for my weekly Autosport, and monthly copies of F1 Racing and Motorsport in the mail, rather than them damn bills!

Hi All - my first post on clip!

I'm a regular reader of autosport - but, after a few pages it seems to expire pretty quickly for the money. I recently bought motorsport magazine (monthly, this month with the Williams FW15b on the cover). It's deeply technical in comparison to AS, and takes a lot of reading to fully digest. I'm not finished with it after two weeks! My only complaint is that the "news" is quite out of date - a symptom most likely of a monthly F1 magazine.

Hope that helps!

Richard

I'm fairly new to this site also Richard, and I thnk that you will enjoy it, because it's not littered with :censored: crazies!

Welcome!

I'll get my coat.
...he said littered...

On the subject of subscriptions, I've had one for F1 Racing since 2000, which has led to a certain amount of extra shelf-space being required - they soon mount up!

And if I'm honest, it used to be better when Matt Bishop edited it - I find it's got a little bit lightweight since Hans Seeberg took over. I don't find Pat Symonds' race analyses half as good to read as Peter Windsor's used to be either. The pictures have always been top-drawer though!

With the internet being so immediate for F1 news these days, I think F1 Racing should try harder to offer something not readily available online.

Back
Top Bottom