Erik Comas about Ayrton Senna

I was very glad (even though I ever felt it was that way) to hear that Comas went out of the pits in Imola on purpose, as we were always told, that his team was confused or something. This is what wikipedia tells us about the incident:

"Approximately 10 minutes after Senna's crash, a miscommunication in the pits caused a Larrousse car piloted by Érik Comas to leave the pit lane and attempt to rejoin the now red flagged Grand Prix. That incident with Comas was spotted by Eurosport Commentator John Watson as the "most ridiculous incident I ever saw at any time in my life". Frantic waving by the marshals at Senna's crash site prevented the Larrousse from risking a collision with the medical helicopter that had landed on the track."

It was in no way ridiculous. Knowing what I know now I think Comas needs to be applauded for coming out to the site of the crash, he just wanted to help as he was helped.
Great personalities...great times!

I was very glad (even though I ever felt it was that way) to hear that Comas went out of the pits in Imola on purpose, as we were always told, that his team was confused or something. This is what wikipedia tells us about the incident:

"Approximately 10 minutes after Senna's crash, a miscommunication in the pits caused a Larrousse car piloted by Érik Comas to leave the pit lane and attempt to rejoin the now red flagged Grand Prix. That incident with Comas was spotted by Eurosport Commentator John Watson as the "most ridiculous incident I ever saw at any time in my life". Frantic waving by the marshals at Senna's crash site prevented the Larrousse from risking a collision with the medical helicopter that had landed on the track."

It was in no way ridiculous. Knowing what I know now I think Comas needs to be applauded for coming out to the site of the crash, he just wanted to help as he was helped.
Great personalities...great times!

Well that does explain something that I always found strange on that day with Comas coming on to track.

He had to be there, be with the person who had 2 years earlier saved him, it was something he had to do.

Wonder if John Watson got told all those years later after Comas had explained his side of that day?

Thanks for this, it has made my Sunday morning.....:D

Obviously I have no clue what was going on in the Larrousse pits that day, or how he was even allowed to leave pit lane, but this was indeed a very strange event. Here's Murray and Jonathan Palmer live on the BBC.

Back
Top Bottom