Driver partnerships you would like to see/have seen

MCLS

Anti F1 fan
Valued Member
I was watching a video of Montoya on T.V and it made me think, what would have happened if Mclaren never signed Alonso in the first place and Montoya never left f1. A Hamilton Montoya partnership at Mclaren would have been incredibly spicy, (possibly more than what happened with Alonso). Similarly, the Montoya Alonso partnership would have been interesting to see as we have all seen what happens when Alonso is faced with an aggressive and competitive team mate and fireworks would have been let off straight from Melbourne all the way to Brazil.

My first thought is Villeneuve - Pironi, had Gilles lived. Arguably '82 would have been a less competitive season overall, but the battle between the two would have been quite something.

In a thread like this, I feel it is my duty to mention Senna/Warwick!

Ayrton certainly didn't want to see that partnership!

Ayrton Senna and Damon Hill.

Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel

Jenson Button and Mark Webber

Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso

Jackie Stewart and Jim Clark

Graham Hill and Stirling Moss

I think Senna v Hill would be a tad one sided, no disrespect to Damon but I think Senna's on another level.

Villeneuve v Villeneuve

Hill v Hill

I think the fathers would beat the Jrs in those two.

Sato v Kobayashi!

Senna & Hill twice?

Sorry, I chose copy instead of cut perhaps but in my defence this editor does play cruel tricks.

Would have been interesting to see just how close Damon could have got over the season.
In my opinion Damon and his father Graham are the two most underrated drivers in the history of F1.

Personally, i'd like to see Hamilton-Alonso again. Never going to happen. I guess the most interesting foreseeable ones at the moment would be Hamilton-Vettel and Alonso-Kubica.

It would also be great to see Kimi back against any of the top drivers.

I think Senna v Hill would be a tad one sided, no disrespect to Damon but I think Senna's on another level.

Villeneuve v Villeneuve

Hill v Hill

I think the fathers would beat the Jrs in those two.

Sato v Kobayashi!

Rosberg v Rosberg?

It'd be interesting, seriously, to see where Nico actually is. There has not been a reasonable yardstick for him since 2007. Find that man a Heidfeld!

I'm surprised no one has said Schumacher and Schumacher, the ultimate number 1 and number 2 drivers

Rosberg v Rosberg?

It'd be interesting, seriously, to see where Nico actually is. There has not been a reasonable yardstick for him since 2007. Find that man a Heidfeld!

Well sure, if you want to see a bearded german man kicking a german boy's ass I guess we'd better get Heidfeld into Mercedes

I'm surprised no one has said Schumacher and Schumacher, the ultimate number 1 and number 2 drivers

Why would we want to see that. The only risk of Michael not winning is if Ralf hits him off the start line!

Well sure, if you want to see a bearded german man kicking a german boy's ass I guess we'd better get Heidfeld into Mercedes

Who else can say they've picked up "victories" over Raikkonen, Massa and Kubica?

Back
Top Bottom