Driver Complaints over new Rubber: Great News?

So many innovations to increase spectacle - how far back do we have to go to see true driver skill?

Racing and drivers - that's all I'm really interested in - DOFpower mk?

Sorry, you're not DOF_power unless you want to see true driver skill whilst making it an OT turkey shoot, want to go back to the 60s with new innovations, and blame refuelling.

I'm only really interested in racing and drivers, whilst admiring the people who make the cars without understanding what the heck they're doing - I'm a statistician more than an engineer!

Sorry, you're not DOF_power unless you want to see true driver skill whilst making it an OT turkey shoot, want to go back to the 60s with new innovations, and blame refuelling.

I'm only really interested in racing and drivers, whilst admiring the people who make the cars without understanding what the heck they're doing - I'm a statistician more than an engineer!

TBY - ever the bubble burster!

Marbles are not an issue.They accummalate on the outside of corners.By the time you are on the marbles you are so far offline that you couldn't pass anyone anyway.

As Snowy says, I think the marbles tend to collect just offline in the braking zones - or in fact just about anywhere outside of the track the cars clear. There was a spectacular accident in the tunnel in Monaco last year (or was it the year before?) when someone got their wheels a couple of inches off-line.

And in answer to Grizzly - yeah, don't know - I would imagine that more marbles would make it worse, but perhaps not by as much as we'd think.

I very much hope they turn out to be a non-issue!
J

There was a spectacular accident in the tunnel in Monaco last year (or was it the year before?) when someone got their wheels a couple of inches off-line.

I think it might have been Nakajima... and it ended badly for him, I even think he collected someone else too.

I think it's this one I was thinking of:
However, it's interesting that a 2nd driver follows an almost identical line just afterwards (about 10 secs into the vid) and gets away with it. So now I'm not sure what to think...
J

The second car using that line was slowing significantly, no doubt aware of the accident happening ahead. For sure he was also correcting his line a lot earlier and more sharply than could be considered normal.

It has to be said Hulkenberg showed a lot of inexperience and was a passenger before the accident even started.

Given this was only lap 2 of the race I would hope there weren't too many marbles for Hulkenberg to slide off on (do they clean the track between races?). According to the Wiki race review he had clutch problems but not sure if this accounts for him nurfing the barrier

Yep, suspect you're right. Although check out the road surface at 0:12 - if they did clean the track, they obviously didn't do it very well...
J

Jenson Buttons view.

cheer.gif

Back
Top Bottom