CTA Race of the Year 2014

The Monaco weekend has already started so here are the results from Spain, which just about avoids being voted as the worst race of the year so far despite only six tenths separating the top two and Vettel pulling off a few nice overtakes.

ctaroty_standings.PNG

Full Table:
ctaroty_fulltable.PNG

Voting History:

ctaroty_allvotes.PNG

Last edited:
I think if Australia had not been the first race of the season it may be further down the list than it is.

I agree with the best race being Bahrain and I agree China was worst race of the year however I think Malaysia was probably just as bad as China.

Monaco should easily slot into 2nd place shouldn't it?

Australia pretty much gets 7/10 by default thanks to it being the first race. I haven't seen yesterday's race yet so I can't comment on where I think it should slot in, but it's currently ever so slightly ahead of Australia on tiebreaks in the poll.

Monaco just about sees off Australia in to second place but I had to go to the second decimal place in the mean to find the winner (the main score is the median and scores in brackets are mean to 1 decimal place/mode/mean to 2 decimal places for those interested).

ctaroty_standings.PNG

Full Table:
ctaroty_fulltable.PNG

Voting History:
ctaroty_allvotes.PNG

This shows emotions through the season more than anything and in general everyone is very excited when the season starts.

Drama for Mercedes in Canada sees it steal second place from Monaco:

ctaroty_standings.PNG

Full Table:
ctaroty_fulltable.PNG

Voting History:
ctaroty_allvotes.PNG

Last edited:
sushifiesta I think you can certainly start to see a link between the number of voters and how interesting people found the race.

Actually if you factor in how close the race is to the start of the season and what other sporting events are taking place I'm sure you could create a formula to predict the number of voters.

Sorry for the late update but I've only just found the time to do this. Austria ends up mid-table after an intriguing qualifying with Williams coming out on top ends up with a pretty comfortable one-two for Mercedes nevertheless.

ctarotyStandings.PNG

Full Table:
ctarotyFullTable.PNG

Voting History:
ctarotyVoteHistory.PNG

Another belated update as I was away for the weekend but Silverstone steals third place from Monaco:

ctarotyStandings.PNG

Full Table:
ctarotyFullTable.PNG

Voting History:

ctarotyVoteHistory.PNG

Oops I forgot to do this on Friday again. Well Germany was another good race and it immediately knocks Silverstone out of 3rd place. It's also the race that we agreed the most on for the score so far!

ctarotyStandings.PNG

Full Table:
ctarotyFullTable.PNG

Voting History:
ctarotyVoteHistory.PNG

Hungary gave us an absolute cracker of a race with a wet start and three or four drivers that could have won it at the end and it steals the top spot from Bahrain! We now currently have exactly the same top two as we did last season, and it's two tracks that typically have a bad reputation for producing dull races! Can anyone knock them off their perch after the summer break?

ctarotyStandings.PNG

Full Table:
ctarotyFullTable.PNG

Voting History:
ctarotyVoteHistory.PNG

Last edited:
Strange that the same too are at the top (I still hate Bahrain) but I seem to remember Canada was way further down last year.

Belgium comes in near the bottom but the Hamilton/Rosberg incident sees it rank highly in the most disputed race so far:

ctarotyStandings.PNG

Full Table:
ctarotyFullTable.PNG

Voting History:
ctarotyVoteHistory.PNG

Just goes to show how the polls are influenced by fandom Belgium was a bloody brilliant race and yet I'll bet that Monza which was shit come in way above it.

Oh look Belgium is right at the top of the most disputed race table,,, I wonder why.:thinking:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom