Technical Can we talk about the Halo?

F1's Halo Device?

• Total voters
b8922a2d978711b35395da63fa8ea27e--preis-division.jpg

The look of the future?

Of course the sensible thing to do would be to have the drivers name on it in massive big letters so everyone know who's who. F1 is rarely sensible though.

This pic from BBC F1 is a classic for me. It perfectly shows how awful the halo looks. I sincerely hope that there's a problem with one quite soon - a delay getting out of a car that proves dangerous, or perhaps some material will get caught in one and wreck the driver's view. I doubt there'll be an occasion where they help anyone. They have to go.

37276b6d-683b-4736-9bc7-5d3255aeb097.jpg

That's a good point about debris catching on them, was it azerbaijan where they were having issues with plastic bags getting where they sohouldn't?

Meh, the cars are back to the 2008 stupid aero levels so why not stil a flip flop over the dirvers head?

funny joke,
but I think this device could have saved Jules Bianchi

Sadly not. Bianci's death was caused by his brain striking the inside of the skull causing massive trauma. The sudden deceleration is what killed Bianchi. The Halo would have done nothing to prevent that.

Sadly not. Bianci's death was caused by his brain striking the inside of the skull causing massive trauma. The sudden deceleration is what killed Bianchi. The Halo would have done nothing to prevent that.
Sadly may be.
"Then there is the crash itself. Bianchi hit a recovery vehicle, which has large wheels and a high ground clearance that will allow an F1 car to go in underneath it. Much as the safety aspects of modern cars have improved, they are designed to cope with impacts on other cars or barriers, not a tractor."
Jules Bianchi crash sends F1 into another period of self-examination | Giles Richards

May be if car didn't go in underneath a tractor the car was able to compensate a greater force of impact
and a smaller impulse could be to transmit to the body and head of the driver

Back
Top Bottom