Bye Bye Melbourne

Am I the only one who likes these stupid o'clock GP's? Maybe its having the TV to myself and having no background noise and silly questions. I remember when the race was closer to 3.30 am, now that was tough.
Your not alone, I love getting up for the Japanese GP...
At last, someone like me! :thumbsup:

I've banged on about this on several forums, ever since Bernie tried to force the Aussies to have the race at night, 'for our (Europeans) benefit' (without actually asking our opinion).>:(

I love getting up @ stupid o'clock, it's all part of a GP, make a cup of coffee sit on the sofa, switch on, to find the clocks went back so you have an hour of Farmers World rerun with John Craven......

No I believe it's all part of being a GP fan....

I live in Europe as well.But a different timezone.
Qualifying is at 08.00 on Saturday.The race is at 09.00 Sunday.
One of the few occassions that I can watch the GP and then take my son to race his kart in the Latvian Junior series Sunday afternoon.
Nice.:D

If Bernie wants all the races to run at convinent times for us Europeans why is he trying to take away all of the European races and replacing them with all these fly-away races?

Well I am certainly looking forward to hauling my backside out of bed for the 2 am start of the Australian Grand Prix! Just a shame that TSN in Canada chooses not to buy all the BBC footage (just the commentary) so there isn't enough lead in material to make it not worth going to bed...

Chad, we know. It doesn't need to be said.

Bernie is British though, so surely its £££££££!

It's ok tby, just getting unnecessarily hot under the collar; it's all this waiting, probably.
Doesn't Bernie conduct his dealings globally, which would make the US dollar the more prevalent currency over good old Stirling?

Anyway, the good news is that Bernie has just come out and said how important the Aussie GP is (as important as Monaco, apparently) and how he would 'hate to lose the event'.

Anyway, the good news is that Bernie has just come out and said how important the Aussie GP is (as important as Monaco, apparently) and how he would 'hate to lose the event'

I think it's pretty obvious that he is only saying this so not to lose another multi-million dollar contract like he did with Magny Cours. And no race is important as Monaco, with maybe the exception of Spa.

I think it's pretty obvious that he is only saying this so not to lose another multi-million dollar contract like he did with Magny Cours. And no race is important as Monaco, with maybe the exception of Spa.

Even Monaco is not as important as Monaco!

Monza is though!

Admittidley I was hesitant at only putting Spa but ultimately I decided Monza just didn't cut it.
I would've said Monza was much more important than Spa, myself.

Of course, Spa is the better track and has a ridiculously amazing history (not that Monza doesn't, of course), so it's more of a fan/driver thing than an 'important' one.

Here's an interesting twist:

The Sunday Herald Sun revealed last week that the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport has been granted funding by the FIA to conduct a feasibility study to build a $200 million race circuit on land owned by trucking firm Linfox.
A move to Avalon would improve Victoria's chances of retaining the Grand Prix beyond 2015 as well as providing a venue that would allow a night race.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...se-to-50-million/story-e6frf7kx-1225837747363

It's better than nothing but I have a feeling the quality of racing would be akin to Abu dhabi and Valencia. Suppose Austin will be a test in a way

Back
Top Bottom