Button and Perez vs Hamilton and Rosberg

Obviously Button and Pèrez have the potential to finish highest next season, because McLaren already have a fast car and they can just evolve it for next season, whereas Mercedes have to find a lot of speed (and a lot of tyre saving) in order to compete with the big boys.

For the same reasons, I see Button winning the most races. Pèrez a close second (although I obviously hope he'll win it all :D). If Mercedes have a car that can win the occasional race (I don't see them suddenly jumping up to the top) I think Hamilton will win them, and not Rosberg.

Button/Perez - Faster car and better reliability based on current season.

Hamilton. In his so called worst season, he won the same amount of races as Jenson and I don't believe he'll do any worse at Mercedes.

Blimey, HammydiRestarules, you don't half like to complicate things. And here's me thinking next year might be a bit quieter :D.

Have to go with Brogan on this at the moment, but we might have a slightly better idea after testing.

Oh for **** sake :givemestrength:

Edit

I can't wait for the Whitmarsh Vs Norbert thread.

Shit there you go again Meph opening that great big fat gob of yours, will you never learn....:rolleyes:

Brawn is Team Principal and a major shareholder of Merc F1,
Whitmarsh is Team Principal of McLaren F1, he is also CEO of McLaren Racing
Norbert is President of Mercedes Motorsport
Ron is CEO of the McLaren Group.

Technically you're right if the two Motorsports chiefs were battling it out, if it was just the team principals having a scrap it would be Brawn and Whitmarsh.

Big Ron is just going to look down on all of them and bang their heads together.

You can tell its a slow day on CTA!

I think Button and Perez will score more points just with consistency
With Hamilton I feel it will a case of all or nothing due to his and Mercedes luck but he should still take more wins even though I don't see him winning more than 3 races.

Because of the major changes to regulations for next season the playing field is levelled somewhat. Ross Brawn turned Honda into a winning machine. He is perfectly capable of blowing McLaren and Whitmarsh into the weeds, especially when it comes to race strategy. My bet is that Lewis will thrive under the guidance of Ross Brawn and he, Nico and Mercedes will be inspired.

Hamilton, Mercedes.

Anyone who is being rational will look at the facts:
1. McLaren have produced a better car than the Brackley concern for every year since the foundation, other than 2004 and 2009.
2. Perez is still inexperienced, and has shown huge amounts of inconsistency
3. Button is a world champion.

As such, there's only really one answer to this question - Must be Button/McLaren.....

Look at Vettel in 2008, his season started with accidents and engine failures, his finishing positions were erratic, yes he got his maiden win at Monza but consistency certainly wasn't a factor.
He went on to win Rookie of the Year, I'm not sure if Perez is still eligible for that title but my money is on him for it this year if it is.

1. McLaren have produced a better car than the Brackley concern for every year since the foundation, other than 2004 and 2009.
3. Button is a world champion.

As such, there's only really one answer to this question - Must be Button/McLaren.....

...and then if you are a bit more open minded and include other factors, then there are a range of answers, which validates the question that you have tried to invalidate by enforcing your opinion as the only conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom