Better or Worse?

Is Formula 1 going to get worse before it gets better? Why?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

marksawatsky

Podium Finisher
Contributor
There's so many negative stories swirling around Formula 1 right now, is there light at the end of the tunnel or is it just a train heading towards us? What will it take before Bernie, the teams and the FIA make real, positive changes to the sport?

i think Mercedes will dominate the powertrain era which has highlighted some serious failings in the regulations and the running of F1 currently

I think it won't be until 2017 when the next set of regulations come into force that we might see a change in the order.. who knows Haas becoming world champions

I'm honestly not sure how it could get all that much worse. I can see the Enstone-Renault team being very competitive in a few years and Ferrari is only getting better. McHonda can't exactly go downhill and Red Bull-Ferrari should be more competitive than Red Bull-Renault is now. Sure, Mercedes might have another WCC or three in them but I think the field is only going to catch up to them the next few years.

i think Mercedes will dominate the powertrain era which has highlighted some serious failings in the regulations and the running of F1 currently

I think it won't be until 2017 when the next set of regulations come into force that we might see a change in the order.. who knows Haas becoming world champions

Haas is the new Red Bull :cheer: LOL

I am not knowledgeable compared to many on CTA forum but my impression is that Bernie holds the most power, then the teams and the FIA is at the bottom. It also seems to me that Formula 1 is being hobbled due to stupid regulations that take all the fun and creativity away from the engineers but at the same time makes them more important than the drivers. Red Bull and Torro Rosso may leave, Pirelli is talking about leaving with them, we have already lost a couple of teams recently yet we can't get this ship turned around and headed in the right direction. There are some great ideas floating around on how to fix all these things but the F1 decision makers seem to be deadlocked. I'm afraid it's going to have to get worse before drastic enough steps are taken to improve it.

As long as they keep changing the rules the costs will go up and the show will degenerate into even more of a farce than it is right now. It will go the way of all great empires a slow, painful and pitiful slide into obscurity. I for one will dance upon its grave. :popcorn:

It all went wrong when the Brabham GP team was bought by Bernie and he and Max met at the GPCA which transcended into the FOCA, The FISA_FOCA arguments ended with Max becoming FISA president, Bernie sold Brabham, Charlie Whiting ex Brabham C-eng became the technical delegate at FIA with Max, and the've run it their way until Max had a media problem, changed the president of the FIA but by then it was all sewn up by Bernie.

I think we are on the verge of revolution. It is only a matter of time before Bernie goes one way or another, he is 84 after all.
On top of that there is the EU enquiry into the fee structure for the teams. Fair pay for all would make for a very different F1.

In the immediate future I can't see anything getting worse. I doubt Red Bull will leave, Honda will get their act together and Ferrari will close the gap to mercedes.

I want Formula 1 to be awesome because NASCAR puts me to sleep, WEC races are too long (takes me a week to watch the whole thing), GRC is a little too MMA and WRC doesn't have head to head. MotoGP is fantastic so if Formula 1 could let Ross Braun write some new rules and emulate the bikes a little, it would make me very happy.

Oval tracks are boring, that's why i don't watch NASCAR (except the road course races). IndyCar is practically spec racing on lame tracks, I prefer FE over IndyCar

Formula E is slower spec cars on lamer tracks. Oval races can be boring in NASCAR but they're usually a lot of fun in IndyCar. The short tracks are always nuts, and the pack racing on some of the faster ovals was insane to watch. And Indy is the most exciting race of the year. I agree the tracks could be better but they're getting there. Road America next year should be great, hopefully they add Laguna Seca and/or COTA soon.

I suppose it all depends on what people are looking for from their Formula One fix. In my opinion, far too many expect far too much from the sport. These people will likely never be satisfied.

F1 is what it is. Sometimes it's less enthralling than ironing, sometimes is so enrapturing you completely ignore your family for two hours on a Sunday.

One thing is an absolute certain though, rumors of its descent from the Pinnacle of Motorsport have been greatly exaggerated.

Back
Top Bottom