Bernie admits to 2 Billion tax avoidance.

Somehow I don't think he does it for the money. He does it for the thrill of wheeling n dealing.
Thats just how some people are wired.

Perhaps that's why his daughters seem determined to spend as much of it as they can while he's still alive - they're worried that he will try and take it with him? :snigger:

Actually, to be fair I don't think his Eccleship's one for the gold bathtaps or diamond lavatory seats - he seems determinedly thrifty with his billions.

Hmm - perhaps he is trying to take it all with him...:unsure:

For getting the tax issues for moment bribery is a criminal offence in the UK and many other countries.
bribe [braɪb]
vb
to promise, offer, or give something, usually money, to (a person) to procure services or gain influence, esp illegally
n
1. a reward, such as money or favour, given or offered for this purpose
2. any persuasion or lure

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111118/F1/111119810
The U.K.'s Serious Fraud Office in London on Friday formally confirmed that it is investigating Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone's dealings with Gerhard Gribkowsky, the German banker who is on trial in Munich. Gribkowsky is accused of receiving a $44 million “bribe” from Ecclestone in connection with the sale of Formula One in 2006.
A Serious Fraud Office spokesman said, “The SFO is aware of the allegations against Mr. Ecclestone and is liaising with the authorities in Germany to ascertain if there is a case to answer in the U.K.”
Meanwhile, there has been a significant development in Munich, where Gribkowsky's arrest has led to one of the biggest corruption trials in European history. Stephen Mullens, the British lawyer who recently resigned as a director of seven Formula One companies, has declined to give evidence to the court, which was told that he was exercising his right not to answer questions that might incriminate him.
Mullens, who quit Formula One in September, was involved in the deals involving Gribkowsky, Ecclestone and Bambino. He was also the legal adviser to the trust.

Guilty, gullible or greedy, Bernie looks like he's in the soup - where is Max when you need a sneaky, but effective lawyer, and what will happen to F1 if the said Bernie is banged to rights?

Guilty, gullible or greedy Bernie looks like he's in the soup - where is Max when you need a sneaky, but effective lawyer, and what will happen to F1 if the said Bernie is banged to rights?

Depends on weather he gets some time at her majesties pleasure to reflect on his crimes. Somehow I reckon this will all be yet another storm in a tea cup. Bernie has walked between the rain drops for years and there is nothing to say he won't again.

Latest instalment of this story...

Gerhard Gribkowsky, the banker at the centre of the corruption case relating to the sale of Formula 1, has admitted that he received bribes from the sport's commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone.

In a surprise development in the long-running case, Gribkowsky told a court in Munich that allegations he received $56 million (USD) in bribes from Ecclestone in 2006 and 2007 over the sale of F1 to current owners CVC were "essentially true".

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100527

"I paid him 44M in something that would have cost me 2B, but in no way could that be contrained as a bribe, oh no." It beggars belief really.:rolleyes:

Gerhard Gribkowsky has been convicted of breach of trust, tax evasion, taking £10m as a bribe from Bernie Ecclestone and sentenced to 8 and a half years in prison.

Ecclestone was described in court as "co-perpetrator" in the £28m scheme and not a victim of blackmail.

What now for Ecclestone?

Back
Top Bottom