Behind the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOF_power

Banned
TV viewing figures increase in 2010

However, it should be noted that in 2009 the calendar comprised 17 races, while there were 19 in 2010. This means, based on the disclosed figures, in 2009 each race attracted an average of 30.58 million viewers while in 2010 the average dropped to 27.73 million. Furthermore, it should be noted that the 2009 figures showed a slump of 13% on 2008.
While Bernie Ecclestone may well be delighted with a 1.3% increase, this seems small fry when one considers that 2010 saw the return of Michael Schumacher and Mercedes, Fernando Alonso at Ferrari, Jenson Button partnering Lewis Hamilton at McLaren and three brand new teams entering the sport, not to mention the return of Sauber. And let's not also forget the fact that in the final phase of the championship as many as five drivers were in with a shout of taking the title.

I've already debunked the myth of increased overtaking in other treads by eliminating the new "GP2" "figures", witch in effect showed a decline in overtaking of ~25% per car/driver (that remained from 2009).

It's the clear that average fans didn't like either:

a] the departure of some of the manufacturers
b] the decrease in real overtaking
c] both of the above

People simply continue to watch Formula 1 for the sakes of "points racing".

People simply continue to watch Formula 1 for the sakes of "points racing".
Errm, no I don't. I was also happy to see the back of the manufacturer teams and there was enough overtaking to keep me satisfied.

I think the more salient point is why do you continue to watch it.

The question has been asked many times and you have never answered it.

Personally speaking I disagree with your points; I continue to watch it because I enjoy it and find it exciting.
Overtaking should never be easy; just because a season has 1,000 overtakes, doesn't necessarily mean it was a good season.

I think the more salient point is why do you continue to watch it.

The question has been asked many times and you have never answered it.

Personally speaking I disagree with your points; I watch it because I enjoy it and find it exciting.
Overtaking should never be easy; just because a season has 1,000 overtakes, doesn't necessarily mean it was a good season.

Who says I'm still watching ?!

This last season was the season I've actually stopped watching live races.

I just watch the highlights on youtube or do fast forward on a torrent download. If I even bother.

Also 0 overtakes between the contenders doesn't necessarily mean it was a good season either, despite the points closeness.

And it looks I'm far from being alone in this.

Who says I'm still watching ?!
So why are you polluting this and other forums with your constant rants if you no longer watch and despise it so much?

I'm sorry but I think you've outstayed your welcome as all you do is whinge, complain and moan about how terrible F1 is.

There may be forums for that but this isn't of them.
We here are all fans of F1.
You on the other hand are a fan of an idea, one which will never be realised.

We've tried to accommodate you but it really is getting repetitive and boring now.
You obviously know a lot about F1 and if you were so inclined, you could easily contribute some interesting content, but you don't add any value to any discussion and drag it down to the same rant time and time again.

According to the latest FOTA poll-survey half the "fans" don't watch a race entirely.
With extra races coming and no improvement in the on excitement how are you gonna stop people from watching highlights ?!

I'm sorry I let you(DOF_power) upset me yesterday, I apologise for some things I wrote. But you really do create a bad atmosphere in what should be an interesting and vibrant place.

So why are you polluting this and other forums with your constant rants if you no longer watch and despise it so much?

I'm sorry but I think you've outstayed your welcome as all you do is whinge, complain and moan about how terrible F1 is.

There may be forums for that but this isn't of them.
We here are all fans of F1.
You on the other hand are a fan of an idea, one which will never be realised.

We've tried to accommodate you but it really is getting repetitive and boring now.
You obviously know a lot about F1 and if you were so inclined, you could easily contribute some interesting content, but you don't add any value to any discussion and drag it down to the same rant time and time again.

Because I am a fan of GP racing, just not of the (current) FIA F1 WC.
And I just wan't it to get better.

I've been fed with all this "making it better" shit for over 20 years.

First the turbo ban (how better it was gonna be with the return to aspirated engines, yay), then the active ride ban, then the narrow track and groves and it just got worse and worse and worse.

Well by your own admission, this forum is not for you and I have the rest of the members to consider, so with some regret I have no choice but to terminate your account.

Besides which, you are still breaking the rules with regards to rules 1, 4 and 5, despite repeated requests not to do so.

Thread locked as the OP is no longer able to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom