Audi F1?

someone at autocar will be getting a stern telling off soon if not already :clip::spank:

Screenshot_20211115-161219_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see Audi group buying Mclaren outright given the ownership and what it would mean for VAG as well ..just look at Mercedes who sold their share to Ineos to save money and share responsibilities

Audi might have pulled out of Formula E to allow for possibility of F1 but even though would not want to own a whole team given it is an expensive operation

As well as Porsche also considering F1 .. if they wanted to do that they would buy a smaller team like Sauber not Mclaren

I expect two brands out of Audi, Porsche , VW, Bugatti and Lambo to appear in F1 for branding purposes but they would want to share their costs

------------------

Mercedes might want to tell someone to return all the engines from Woking before their intellectual property rights are stolen to their rivals

Is it not intriguing that BMW also have been mentioned

Based on this article, it seems BMW is out.

Audi is likely interested in partnering in F1 as an engine supplier with some shares.

The VAG Group as a whole consider if they will enter F1and if so which brand name will represent VAG, it's got nothing to do with history, it's money and marketing for the best return in profits. you can bet your ar:censored:e it won' be the brand name pushing EV if they do go for it.

BmW are more likely to buy Sauber given its past association with it as well as the Andretti link.

Going back to Audi they can see what Ferrari and Merc do and will do the same so expect to see 2 brands in F1. I don't see them owning a factory team

forgive me for not being excited. very underwhelming news. whoo another engine manufacturer 🎉

still means we will just still be 10 teams. when we have known since Haas came in we cannot carry on with 10 teams. it leaves F1 in a very precarious position & also less teams means less opportunities for up & coming talent

There are still rumours about Porsche but as a UK company, via RB?, whereas Audi will be a German development, does this mean two different engines or will there be some basics in the castings. It doesn't make financial sense to have two completely separate designs of engine from the same group, it may be initially that they start that way as an experiment to find the best design but surely amalgamate once the superior engine is chosen, then supply the engine under another VAG name, whether VAG will run a team under either Porsche or Audi is moot but I can't see both entering as teams

forgive me for not being excited. very underwhelming news. whoo another engine manufacturer 🎉

still means we will just still be 10 teams. when we have known since Haas came in we cannot carry on with 10 teams. it leaves F1 in a very precarious position & also less teams means less opportunities for up & coming talent
Supposedly buying Sauber is the route but I agree 10 teams is not enough when we use have 26 cars. It won't be too long before we got drivers backed by oil rich middle Eastern countries filling up the grid because they got the money. There are plenty of talented drivers on the sidelines who should be in F1

There are still rumours about Porsche but as a UK company, via RB?, whereas Audi will be a German development, does this mean two different engines or will there be some basics in the castings. It doesn't make financial sense to have two completely separate designs of engine from the same group, it may be initially that they start that way as an experiment to find the best design but surely amalgamate once the superior engine is chosen, then supply the engine under another VAG name, whether VAG will run a team under either Porsche or Audi is moot but I can't see both entering as teams
This is supposedly not a rebadging operation, but two completely independent entries with different engine teams and technology platforms behind them.

why-audi-and-porsche-will-keep-f1-entries-completely-separate

Also don't forget that while both companies are part of VAG, Porsche is about to IPO and will be a separate company. Much like Ferrari spun off from FIAT and became a separate company in 2016 - which led Maserati (now part of Stellantis) to start building mid-engine super cars.

Speaking of the Ferrari spin-off, it means that for a few years now, Alfa-Romeo is no longer a sister company to Ferrari. Ferrari no longer provides road car engines to Alfa-Romeo or Maserati. So rumors of Alfa Romeo leaving F1 and opening the way for Sauber to join Audi seem credible.

Last edited:
Have Alfa Romeo ever returned to F1? It's pretty much as you were at Sauber with a Alfa Romeo paint job.

I wish these companies would realise that there's so much more to a heritage than putting your name on a car and then employing someone else to run it around the track for you while you pretend that it's another page in your motor racing history.

Have Alfa Romeo ever returned to F1? It's pretty much as you were at Sauber with a Alfa Romeo paint job.

I wish these companies would realise that there's so much more to a heritage than putting your name on a car and then employing someone else to run it around the track for you while you pretend that it's another page in your motor racing history.
Agree completely with this. Sauber Romeo is nothing more than Sauber, with a title sponsorship from Alfa that goes a little further than a standard sponsorship contract.

Much in the same way as the "Emirates Stadium" is neither owned, nor run, by Emirates....

Alfa Romeo will not repeat 1950's success given they are owned by FIAT who see Ferrari as the flagship brand

Apparently Porsche and Red Bull is a non-starter. So expect them to buy in to Red Bull power trains very shortly!

District is getting on a bit so he may sell up the team before he retires.

It's interesting Audi say they will come into F1 but Porsche not yet. Also the relationship with Red Bull if you look back the German marques always want to run their own teams in the end

Mercedes tried to do it with Sauber then Mclaren before finally Brawn
BMW tried to do it with Williams and it fell apart.then bought Sauber before quitting

Audi will no doubt buy Sauber- there is a trend I see
Will Red Bull and Porsche become as bad as Williams and BMW or can it work like Mclaren and Mercedes

Back
Top Bottom