Audi F1?

reading this rufus_mcdufus & it doesnt look they have any involvement, its your typical swallowing of a team. like brawn & mercedes but i wouldve liked them to be 11th team but it doesnt look like that going to happen any time soon

Audi will create their power unit at their base in Neuburg in Germany – where already more than 120 people are working on the project – while Sauber will develop and manufacture their race car at their headquarters in Hinwil, Switzerland. Sauber will also be responsible for planning and executing the race operations.

“We are delighted to have gained such an experienced and competent partner for our ambitious Formula 1 project, We already know the Sauber Group with its state-of-the-art facility and experienced team from previous collaborations and are convinced that together we will form a strong team.” said Oliver Hoffmann, Audi AG Board Member responsible for the F1 programme.

No - SAudi.

Sorry, it was a poor effort.
that was me being too slow LOL

ashton kutcher idea GIF

And then there's the strong rumours about Porsche taking 50% share of Williams.
That would not surprise me with Capito connections. Red Bull's loss is Williams gain.

Back to Audi Sauber...they've been associated with all 3 German marques so will the next win be classed as an Audi win or a Sauber win?

Long time to prep for but driver selection?

It makes sense, new engine and a new car design and build in house is a disaster looking for somewhere to happen, it doesn't always work as a partnership for a time, though they may have the money to buy decent drivers rather than billionaires sons.

yeah seems they are throwing money at it & i wonder if lack of success from a start up has stopped big manufactures from entering as a new entrant.

as Haas are the only team on the current grid to be racing having not bought out another team in the last 40 years & they really struggled in the last few years magnussens 5th place is the only time theyve finished in the top 5 for 4 & half years. then added to that you look at the disasters that were Lotus/Caterham, Manor/Marussia & HRT. the early nineties of forti, simtek, prost probally the one that did the most damage was weirdly Toyota i thought did well in 2005-06 & 2008-09 but are considered a failure ,

are Jordan & Stewart the only recent successes. as i was thinking BAR but started in 1999 & didnt become a force until 2004

F1Brits_90...

Going back in time:

Haas - still in existence
Manor/Caterham/Marussia - Arrived in 2010, all failed
Super Aguri (2006) - Customer Honda team, ran Arrows chassis in 2006
Toyota - Arrived in 2002, Departed in 2009. McLaren still use their windtunnel.
BAR - Arrived in 1999, then became Honda/Brawn/Mercedes. Some claim that BAR have DNA going back to Tyrrell - but, all that they really bought from Tyrrell was the entry, and nothing else
Stewart GP (1997) - Bought by Ford, and rebadged Jaguar (2000), then sold on to Red Bull when Adrian Newey welched on the contract he signed with Jaguar
Lola (1997) - Collapsed after 1 race and took the entire Lola motorsport operation with it
Forti (1995) - Lasted a season and a half, before being purchased by Shannon, and then going bankrupt
Pacific/Simtek (1994) - Both lasted into 1995, before going bankrupt. Pacific took some of the engineering knowhow of Lotus in 1995, and produced a car that was slightly less slow than in 1995. Both went bankrupt.
Sauber (1993) - Sold to BMW, then bought back by Sauber, then sponsored by Alfa Romeo in as convincing a deal as Arsenal's home stadium being a 747
Andrea Moda (1992) - Strictly speaking, Sassetti thought he had bought Coloni, but actually wasn't allowed to use the cars! Had to buy a car that had been designed for BMW's debut in 1990 by Simtek (see above). Embarrassment, but Roberto Moreno managed to qualify for Monaco.
Jordan (1991) - Sold to Midland, then Spyker, then Force India, then bankrupt, then racing point, then tracing point, then Aston Martin.

this probally for another topic, but why do the vast majority of start ups fail. looking at that list The Artist..... it means that only Jordan have gone from nothing to challenging for world title in 30 years. that was possibly more down to fortunate circumstances than talent in 1999. Honda with just a engine took 7 years to be competitive

but why do the vast majority of start ups fail.
If you can't work the answer to that out then you've had your head in a bucket since you've started watching F1.

The rules are written with, for and by the leading teams. The last thing the front of the grid want is for some cheeky upstarts to come in and show them how to win races in a third of their budget.

Could you imagine if the Premier League ran on the same style of governance? (and yes I know the big five teams have been pushing like hell to send it down this road). Man Utd get more prize money because hey, their Man Utd. Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City are consulted on all rules while only 1 team from the rest of the Premier League are allowed a voice?

It's simple, if you want new teams in F1 to succeed it needs to be a level playing field.

but heres the things teams that were low have done far better so what the difference between Renault, Red Bull, Mercedes, Force India that swallowed up a team compared to new start up. has the infrastructure & staff got to a point where it is that tough

If you can't work the answer to that out then you've had your head in a bucket since you've started watching F1.

The rules are written with, for and by the leading teams. The last thing the front of the grid want is for some cheeky upstarts to come in and show them how to win races in a third of their budget.

Could you imagine if the Premier League ran on the same style of governance? (and yes I know the big five teams have been pushing like hell to send it down this road). Man Utd get more prize money because hey, their Man Utd. Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City are consulted on all rules while only 1 team from the rest of the Premier League are allowed a voice?

It's simple, if you want new teams in F1 to succeed it needs to be a level playing field.
Nope you just go to Formula E these days

Audi buying Sauber is a good start..it now depends how Audi set up their team as the FE drivers would be too old when they start F1.

Was not Allan Mcnish team principal for the FE team? He is most likely person to manage the team then

well this is weird news story. because they are seemingly going for Hulkenburg in 2026

"There were discussions,” he told Sky Germany.

“I know Andreas Seidl [Sauber chief executive] very well from his Porsche & F1 days. We get along well, that's no secret.”
but then rumours from 3 sources in these links, Radio le mans & 2 german newspapers & Bild. radio le mans seem to think that a decision to scrap the F1 project is likely to be taken at VWs next upcoming board meeting.

Der spiegel reporting Audi are reviewing its plans to enter F1. amid a management shake-up & cost-cutting measures

according to Bild, the paddock gossip is current F1 teams are warning any staff that have been offered jobs about the pitfalls of joining the “stillborn” project.

well this is weird news story. because they are seemingly going for Hulkenburg in 2026

but then rumours from 3 sources in these links, Radio le mans & 2 german newspapers & Bild. radio le mans seem to think that a decision to scrap the F1 project is likely to be taken at VWs next upcoming board meeting.

Der spiegel reporting Audi are reviewing its plans to enter F1. amid a management shake-up & cost-cutting measures

according to Bild, the paddock gossip is current F1 teams are warning any staff that have been offered jobs about the pitfalls of joining the “stillborn” project.

How about it if Andretti team up with Audi?

There has been speculation that a leadership change has altered direction but I think they will want some involvement given apart from Sportscars there is not anything else with global presence Audi are in

The Hulkenberg story says they need a German driver but I think for VW group to have no representation represents an embarrassment to the brand itself

The Hulkenberg story says they need a German driver but I think for VW group to have no representation represents an embarrassment to the brand itself
i was surprised about hulkenburg as he would be 39 then & its not great to be starting a career at a team at 39, not everyone is alonso. but also looking at their feeder series F2 & F3. wanting a german driver could be tough as there doesnt seem there any coming through, they had nobody in F2 & 2 in F3 where 1 finished 23rd. other finished 8th only scoring in 6 of the 18 races. but he is massively confusing because he half danish half german & was born in london.

but apparently VW would be funding it but obviously Audi & Porsche are better brands from a PR stand point

i was surprised about hulkenburg as he would be 39 then & its not great to be starting a career at a team at 39, not everyone is alonso. but also looking at their feeder series F2 & F3. wanting a german driver could be tough as there doesnt seem there any coming through, they had nobody in F2 & 2 in F3 where 1 finished 23rd. other finished 8th only scoring in 6 of the 18 races. but he is massively confusing because he half danish half german & was born in london.

but apparently VW would be funding it but obviously Audi & Porsche are better brands from a PR stand point
Interesting because both demanded to be in F1 but are fierce rivals . I can't see how VW group can just go from switching Audi to Porsche given very different philosophies were taken.

As for the Hulk with his experience plus he has driven for the brand ticks all the boxes. They need an experience F1 driver

Back
Top Bottom