Current Aston Martin F1 Team (Formerly Racing Point F1)

The Aston Martin F1 Team, formerly known as Racing Point, formerly known as Force India, formerly known as Spyker F1, formerly known as Midland F1, formerly known as Jordan Grand Prix, is a formula 1 team based just outside the gates of the Silverstone race circuit in Northamptonshire, UK.

Despite the numerous name changes the team are still based in the very same factory created by Eddie Jordan decades ago.

The Aston Martin name returns to F1 as a team name for the first time since 1960. Aston Martin competed in six World Championship Grand Prix between 1959 and 1960 and scored no points. Team owner Lance Stroll will be hoping for more of a return on his investment this time.

Coming off the back of the 2020 season where the team, running as Racing Point, managed 3 podiums and a race victory, resulting in a 4th placed championship finish, hopes will be high for continued success.

The new era for Aston Martin commences with a driver line up of 4 time World Drivers Champion Sebastian Vettel who joins from Ferrari, and the Canadian Lance Stroll.

at silverstone today, i knew aston martin were building a new factory. but i never realised it was literally on Silverstone's doorstep as its just across the road from the entrance. the mechanics could walk over & pick things up during a practise session

temp 1.png

The site of the new Aston Martin F1 factory used to be the site of the Racing Point F1 factory.

The site of the Racing Point F1 factory used to be the site of the Racing Point Force India factory.

The site of the Racing Point Force India factory used to be the site of the Force India factory.

The site of the Force India factory used to be the site of the Spyker F1 factory.

The site of the Spyker F1 factory used to be the site of the Midland F1 factory

The site of the Midland F1 factory used to be the site of the Jordan Grand Prix factory.

In short, it's always been there.

The old is where it says "Aston Martin Formula One Team" It looks like they are moving about 200 metres. As they are moving diagonally, I would suspect that they are not actually moving closer to the circuit, but will be slightly better placed for the main entrance. Although the old Woodcote clubhouse will still be closer to the old building!

So are these Red Bull Power Train engine units, Honda engines, or the Honda engine Red Bull will be sticking a Ford badge on? And then, as the article goes on to point out, Aston Martin are part owned by Daimler and Totto Wolff. And Honda refused to supply McLaren with engines at Indianapolis a few years ago because Fernado Alonso was incredibly rude about them at their home race.

Look like a formula for success to me!

So are these Red Bull Power Train engine units, Honda engines, or the Honda engine Red Bull will be sticking a Ford badge on? And then, as the article goes on to point out, Aston Martin are part owned by Daimler and Totto Wolff. And Honda refused to supply McLaren with engines at Indianapolis a few years ago because Fernado Alonso was incredibly rude about them at their home race.

I think Alonso will no longer be with the team by then given his age at 46 years old ! I am trying to work out who AM would sign to lead their charge to the front given this set up

Honda will be building their own engines which will make it interesting how this is achieved given the MK factory is taken over by Red Bull

Going to be interesting to see what Lawrence Stroll does and what Honda will invest and deliver

Last edited:

Honda said it is an exclusive engine partnership with Aston Martin. They won’t be supplying Red Bull.

I wonder if Honda will ruin a junior team ?
Interesting they said they happy to work with Alonso but also want Tsunoda as one if the drivers. Good luck Lawrence in telling Lance

I see AM more accomodating than Mclaren was under Ron. One Interesting note is how many engineers will they get from Red Bull and Mercedes seeing they are all next to each other

what is it with alonso burning all his bridges & somehow ending back there. as he couldnt have left mclaren in a worse situation after everything that went of a chinese gp & hungarian gp, other bust ups not as well known. then being hated & the famous day when he didnt qualify for the indy 500 all came because he was blacklisted by honda & he ended up at mclaren because he had a deal at andretti signed & sealed. until honda who powered the team effectively said over my dead body is he driving a honda powered car. Is alonso going to replace sainz or leclerc at ferrari & get a full house

My point about the engine is that Red Bull Power Trains Ltd (I believe) own the designs for the current Honda engine, part of which is still manufactured in Japan by Honda. They (Red Bull) have a technical tie up with Ford for 2026, so the RBPT motor will be a Honda design, built by a Red Bull owned factory in Milton Keynes, with a Ford badge bought off eBay stuck on it.

Meanwhile, Honda will be building engines, lord alone knows where and to what design they are not sure as they have sold all of there IP off to a fizzy drink maker. These will then be used by a "proud" British company called Aston Martin, who are part owned by Daimler Benz, the owner of the Mercedes Benz AMG Formula One team, and some Canadian bloke who's father used to flog overpriced knitwear and knickers.

Wasn't it easier when a few mates used to bolt a chassis together in a garage and stick a Cosworth DFV on the back of it?

Let's see when Honda fully stop helping Red Bull with the engine I think it may impact 2025 season

Oh Lawrence what are you going to do with Lance?

Let's see when Honda fully stop helping Red Bull with the engine I think it may impact 2025 season

Oh Lawrence what are you going to do with Lance?
I know promote him to a position out of the drivers seat. Chairman Emeritus or something like that.

He had mojo?

Let's be honest, he's had a few moments but he's bang average. He is good enough to have got a drive without Daddy's help but I suspect he would have been under far more pressure to perform.

Back
Top Bottom