Current Aston Martin F1 Team (Formerly Racing Point F1)

The Aston Martin F1 Team, formerly known as Racing Point, formerly known as Force India, formerly known as Spyker F1, formerly known as Midland F1, formerly known as Jordan Grand Prix, is a formula 1 team based just outside the gates of the Silverstone race circuit in Northamptonshire, UK.

Despite the numerous name changes the team are still based in the very same factory created by Eddie Jordan decades ago.

The Aston Martin name returns to F1 as a team name for the first time since 1960. Aston Martin competed in six World Championship Grand Prix between 1959 and 1960 and scored no points. Team owner Lance Stroll will be hoping for more of a return on his investment this time.

Coming off the back of the 2020 season where the team, running as Racing Point, managed 3 podiums and a race victory, resulting in a 4th placed championship finish, hopes will be high for continued success.

The new era for Aston Martin commences with a driver line up of 4 time World Drivers Champion Sebastian Vettel who joins from Ferrari, and the Canadian Lance Stroll.

i think i know what Crofty means Stroll wouldve lost something. because he's realised he's not capable consistenly of the level needed with alonso

alonso reading that
fresh-prince-we.gif

fasinating listening to Andrew benson & getting a "expert" opinion on the lance stroll situation, because they mention alot of what we did that they should be 2nd in constructors but its the son that is awkwardly the weak link.

he is says that aston martin is Lawrence's play thing. he can do what he wants with it, there will be no performance at the end of year, he bought that team for 1 thing & 1 thing only for his son to be world champion, but after being hammered by alonso thats looking pretty impossible right now. so then it comes to what is Lawrence ambitions.

then i cant remember well enough so ill paraphrase, he mentioned selling to the saudis & so i got the feeling that andrew benson thinks that he will sell to the saudis before he replaces his son

fasinating listening to Andrew benson & getting a "expert" opinion on the lance stroll situation, because they mention alot of what we did that they should be 2nd in constructors but its the son that is awkwardly the weak link.

he is says that aston martin is Lawrence's play thing. he can do what he wants with it, there will be no performance at the end of year, he bought that team for 1 thing & 1 thing only for his son to be world champion, but after being hammered by alonso thats looking pretty impossible right now. so then it comes to what is Lawrence ambitions.

then i cant remember well enough so ill paraphrase, he mentioned selling to the saudis & so i got the feeling that andrew benson thinks that he will sell to the saudis before he replaces his son
You forget the Honda factor...surely they will want to own the team or want to know who the new owners will be

There are sponsors lining up to see AM not a vanity project

You forget the Honda factor...surely they will want to own the team or want to know who the new owners will be

There are sponsors lining up to see AM not a vanity project
it will be fascinating to see, with budget cap i wouldnt rule it out, but they have been burnt from there last spell, when they were still a laughing stock for the earth car. & how they had alot of success before with BAR & after with Brawn but just not during

but yes the close season will be fasinating because we are going to find out the question how committed to success is he

it will be fascinating to see, with budget cap i wouldnt rule it out, but they have been burnt from there last spell, when they were still a laughing stock for the earth car. & how they had alot of success before with BAR & after with Brawn but just not during

but yes the close season will be fasinating because we are going to find out the question how committed to success is he
Even so I don't know if Honda would be happy with new owners and would want some demands fulfilled. Yes they got burnt last time so really need someone who knows how to run.a motor racing team

Back
Top Bottom