Apple vs Samsung trial nearing an end

Question 10 — was Samsung willful in its infringement? Big one here for damages.

SEC: Yes for all but D'087 and D'889

SEA: Yes for 381, 915, 163

STA: Yes for all but D'087 and D'889

This is a very significant case in history as far as consumer products go.

What it basically says is the first company to produce the most obvious and logical design of any product, owns it.

But only if you're Apple.

Apple make absolutely no components for the stuff they brand they simply assemble them and market the finished product.

I could do that, tell an electronics company the components I want then assemble them and claim I own everything about that product what a load of crap...

Damages: 1 billion, 51 million 855 thousand dollars

Not an unsurprising verdict really - a court case heard in the US involving US and Korean companies, with a US jury...

If there's one thing Americans are good at, it's protecting their own.

Samsung's claims against Apple...

'711 Patent on iPhone 3G: No
'460 on iPhone 3G: No
'711 iPhone 3GS: No
'893 iPhone 3GS: No
'460: literally infirngement for 3GS: No
'516: No
'460: No across the board

There's a surprise.

If I was Samsung I'd pull out of the US, stop supplying components to Apple and tell the US to poke off.

The trial is flawed - it's a jury made up of US citizens ruling for a US company.

I don't care what anyone says about jurors being impartial - no one is impartial. Ever.

Hell, knowing how much Apple products are loved, half the jury are probably Apple fan boys.

You should read some of the reactions on the Dutch sites from Apple fanboys - they're cheering. It's disgusting.

Full verdict for anyone who wants some reading material for the smallest room in the house...

Attachments

• appsamverdictform082212.pdf
    385.9 KB · Views: 105
BtW, one of Apple's patents which was upheld is rounded icons.
So no other smartphone manufacturer can now put rounded icons on their device - they have to have sharp corners.

How ****ing ridiculous is that?

*goes off to patent square icons*

Oh and the court house is just 10 miles from Apple's HQ and the jurors all live in and around Silicon Valley.

Back
Top Bottom