Current Antonio Giovinazzi

RasputinLives

Doesn't look a bit like Jesus
Contributor
Giovonazzi is on standby to replace Wherlein at Sauber for if Pascal doesn't get medical clearance to race.

He'll also be doing some FP1 session for Haas in upcoming grand Prix which might make KMag look over his shoulder somewhat.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Especially as I've only just remembered to drop his "current" prefix.

;)

RasputinLives

Contributor
I Wouldn't be too quick in changing it. I reckon he'll be in that Ferrari for Austria. Unless they appeal. Then he might be in for Spa and Monza.

RasputinLives

Contributor
Why? Would be the ultimate punishment if Ferrari decide to appeal a race ban.

Also Italian driver comes in for first drive in a Ferrari at Monza? The media would lap that crap up. I reckon David Croft would explode with excitement.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
It would be the ultimate punishment. I do not believe for a second that the FIA will ever hand down a punishment that takes the Ferrari number 1 out of Monza.

Remember when Renault had a race ban at Valencia quashed? Or Schumacher's ban missing Hockenheim?

If the FIA wanted to make Croft explode, they'd disqualify all but Verstappen.

Last edited:

RasputinLives

Contributor
Yeah but we are in the Liberty Media era right now. They have to make all that money back that Bernie paid out to the shareholders in advance. Italian at Monza. Sell sell sell.

RasputinLives

Contributor
A little bit of a forgotten man since Leclerc showed up and wowed us all but Giovanazzi is topping testing in the Ferrari by 2 seconds today.

Live Blog (Sky Sports)

Would like to see him get a full shot next year as he pushed Gasly quite close in GP2 and Gasly is doing ok.

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
A little bit of a forgotten man since Leclerc showed up and wowed us all but Giovanazzi is topping testing in the Ferrari by 2 seconds today.

Live Blog (Sky Sports)

Would like to see him get a full shot next year as he pushed Gasly quite close in GP2 and Gasly is doing ok.
Ferrari weren't running the simplified 2019 front wing. The 2 second gap isn't as impressive once that is taken into account.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
I'd thought I'd bring this driver up to speed

It seems like he is the forgotten man at the moment and struggling at Alfa

I don't know if its because he is treated as No 2 or he simply cannot get to grips with the car but not being on the pace to Kimi as well as seeing his stablemate LeClerc doing the biz at the sharp end is not going to help his position if Ferrari are already lining up
Illott or Schumacher

RasputinLives

Contributor
0.06 behind his team mate in Q1 which was the difference between being knocked out and going through to Q2. I think it's harsh to say he's struggling when you look at it from that angle.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
RasputinLives 5 Ferrari powered cars in the top 10 and the missing one is Giovinazzi before Grosjean got penalised. Maybe I was a bit harsh but the fact Ferrari have already lined up Illott and Schumacher means he can;t relax for his seat

If anything the expectation would be he would send Kimi to retirement.

Top Bottom