Alonso showing his true colours?

Agreed - FA does have some talent.

BUT, a few of his wins have been somewhat 'in the right time at the right place' there's nothing wrong with that, it just doesn't make you the best driver.
I think last year LH had the chance to take that title, a rookie winning the WDC with NO previous experience, that's driving.... only my opinion though!

Croydon Bob said:
Bellabella said:
And incidentally he has been gagged by MM, now I wonder why??

I thought it was a mutually agreed "gagging" that applies equally to both sides. Why would Alonso want to gag McLaren, eh?

He's a good driver and particularly in 2006 he really deserved the title, taking from the combined forces of Ferrari and the FIA. But the best? Hmmm... I'm not at all convinced.

Buona sera CroydonBob - You were right this is a very civilized forum(!) Why would Alonso want to gag McLaren? To relinquish his contract maybe? I am glad to see you give him some credit for his driving, I believe he is the best at this moment in time, but I am willing to admit that your Mr Hamilton looks like he is listening and starting to use his brain, so could become as good!! What can I do to convince you??

Mezzer99 said:
Bellabella said:
He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, he has won WDCx2, and this year he is driving an inferior car to the prima donnas (MM/F) and in the last 2 races still managed to make them look like amateurs.

Wow, talk about Alonso-tinted glasses. A few observations:

1. You're only as good as your last race. Last year's WDC is exactly that, last years. Alonso is now 2 years out of pocket ... Its just the reality of the "what have you done for me lately?'' attitude of the business that is F1.
2. Not clear why McLaren and Ferrari are prima donnas ...
3. Alonso was gifted the Shanghai win due to pitting early, and let's face it, Hamilton and Massa taking each other out allowed a flattering position in Japan, notwithstanding that Alonso and the Renault performed well. If they had stayed on track IMO Alonso would have been a well-deserved third.
Tinted Glasses here - Alonso gifted a win in Shanghai - I don't think so, but he did drive a great race in Japan.

Bellabella said:
Tinted Glasses here - Alonso gifted a win in Shanghai - I don't think so, but he did drive a great race in Japan.
Of course he was gifted te win in Shanghai, he was gifted it by Renaults incompetence and his little lackey crashing at exactly the right moment.

He was also gifted it a Japan due to Hamilton being too hot headed at the start.

The fact that Renault seem to have worked on their engine during an engine freeze seems to have been overlooked by many, but I suppose with FA and Flab, I wouldn't expect anything else..

RickD said:
He was also gifted it a Japan due to Hamilton being too hot headed at the start.

I've never really understood this type of argument. Alonso won because Hamilton and Massa made stupid mistakes and Räikkönen was too slow in the best car. Nando was the fastest, he crossed the line first, it didn't even involve a safety car order upset or some other fluke event.

RickD said:
The fact that Renault seem to have worked on their engine during an engine freeze seems to have been overlooked by many, but I suppose with FA and Flab, I wouldn't expect anything else..

Ferrari and McLaren both worked on their engines over winter. The rule wasn't well written. Actually I suspect that there's something else going on with the Renault to explain the late improvement. Some kind of moving floor, traction control or something? It will only become apparent in the unlikely event that Alonso finishes in front of Massa but a disqualification will give Massa the title.

Mezzer99 said:
Bellabella said:
He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, he has won WDCx2, and this year he is driving an inferior car to the prima donnas (MM/F) and in the last 2 races still managed to make them look like amateurs.

Wow, talk about Alonso-tinted glasses. A few observations:

1. You're only as good as your last race. Last year's WDC is exactly that, last years. Alonso is now 2 years out of pocket ... Its just the reality of the "what have you done for me lately?'' attitude of the business that is F1.
2. Not clear why McLaren and Ferrari are prima donnas ...
3. Alonso was gifted the Shanghai win due to pitting early, and let's face it, Hamilton and Massa taking each other out allowed a flattering position in Japan, notwithstanding that Alonso and the Renault performed well. If they had stayed on track IMO Alonso would have been a well-deserved third.

What exactly do you mean with your 3rd Observation?!

Perhaps you should elabourate as to what bit you didn't get, I thought it was pretty clear ...

Yes, I did indeed mean Singapore :oops:, apologies. Comes from typing after a long day. My point, however, still stands. :p

Mezzer99 said:
Yes, I did indeed mean Singapore :oops:, apologies. Comes from typing after a long day. My point, however, still stands. :p

I was going to say no probs, happens to us all - till I saw that little smilie with his tongue out - :nah:

Oh dear, there do seem to be a lot of bitter people on here.

Fernando showed his true colours on the track with 2 wins, 61 points and 5th overall in the championship in an inferior car.

He was the highest scorer from the Belgian Grand Prix onwards till the last race. Says it all doesnt it?

As for helping Massa, He was asked a question and he answered it truthfuly.

Give the guy a break, He is the best pound for pound driver in F1 because.........HE IS FERNANDO

a few observations

none of us were there when any statement was made by any of the drivers. we all get our info from the media. even TV interviews can be cut up and edited.

none of us were there when any event happened. again, our only info is the media

and finally, none of us knows any of the drivers or other people in f1.

so basically, we discuss in this thread things we don't know for sure, events we don't know for sure and contribute attitudes to people we don't know.

i think the conclusion is clear and thats why i never participate in these threads. i have no need to hate or love for instance the tv character called adrian sutil. cos thats what it is, a tv character.

Back
Top Bottom