All time worst teams

Actually, if you ever saw Pantano in F3000 he was mighty. His bad luck was to drive for a Jordan team in terminal decline, which is why he looked wretched that year. Sadly, that marked his card indelibly for the rest of the paddock, and now he seems to crop up thrashing Renault Meganes about.

tby... There are some spectacularly BAD drivers have driven for Jordan over the years - Marco Apicella anyone? Anyone? Naspetti? Stefano Modena (He failed to qualify the Jordan on 4 occasions!) Michael Schumacher... Oh no, he went on to be quite good didn't he?!? ;)

tby... There are some spectacularly BAD drivers have driven for Jordan over the years - Marco Apicella anyone? Anyone? Naspetti? Stefano Modena (He failed to qualify the Jordan on 4 occasions!) Michael Schumacher... Oh no, he went on to be quite good didn't he?!? ;)

Yeah, but I was looking at my shelf life for this one, so 1999 on in the main, although I couldn't think of anyone to join de la Rosa for McLaren.

Yeah, but I was looking at my shelf life for this one, so 1999 on in the main, although I couldn't think of anyone to join de la Rosa for McLaren.
In 2006 he managed to equal the teams best result that year and in only his first race for over a year. Equalised he would have more points than Juan Pablo!

You still gave him a mention though, which I didn't think he deserved. Never understood why he wasn't snapped up in 2007 after his late 2006 performances.

Just came across this picture and this is really the only place it belongs.

Gregor Foitek managed to Pre-Qualify the EuroBrun ER188B at Jacarepagua to open the season, but that would be the only time he managed to even achieve that minimal level of success. Here he is in his second to last appearance for the team in Hungary 1989. I kind of like the car actually.

eurobrun-1989-foitel-hongarije.jpg

BAR - Jacques Villeneuve and Zonta

- the most overhyped team and ended with nil points after over spending BAT 's budget by $20m and one of their owners said they would win their first race :snigger: serves them right

Mclaren - De Cesaris and Andretti

- Andrea's reputation was set junking so many chassis
- Andretti he must have clocked more airmiles than testing miles and track time combined

Benetton
- Pirro so Flavio thought he was better than Johnny Herbert
- Button (2001) - that could have ended his career

Well this is what Taki Inoue had to say about himself...

I only did 18 starts and couldn’t get a point and in qualifying I was always massively off the pace from my team-mate, around two to five seconds. I never overtook any cars during my F1 career. I believe definitely I am one of the worst Formula One drivers ever.

It's refreshing to see he's honest about his F1 career and has accepted it. Few of the less successful drivers are like that, the only other one I can think of is Coulthard, he has admitted a couple of times that he just wasn't the best.

Was it Coloni who had the Subaru engine?

I just read a little about this abortion after seeing "Subaru" on an F1 wiki page. I guess Motori Moderni actually built the engine that was badged "Subaru". Surely one of the worst Formula One projects ever.

By the beginning of 1990, the "Subaru" flat engine was not producing more than 500 bhp, so the Coloni Subaru was one of the least competitive machines regularly competing in Formula One...In the pits at Phoenix, the car was assembled for the very first time, and a short shakedown took place in the parking area of an American supermarket. On the prequalification day at Phoenix the Formula One world saw Coloni's "new" model C3B which wore a white, red and green livery, but without an airbox and with wide, long sidepods. It did not follow common design practices for the time, was overweight by 300 pounds and ill-handling. Neither at Phoenix nor at any other race did Bertrand Gachot, Coloni's new driver, manage to prequalify the car...In May, Enzo Coloni was sacked by Subaru, but no improvement came. In June, the Japanese company withdrew completely and sold the team back to Enzo Coloni, debt free, but with no sponsors and no engines.

Coloni_C3B_Subaru_Gachot_1990_Brasil.jpg

Back
Top Bottom