Adrian Sutil

Just noticed that this German doesn't have his own thread and thought it was about time he did.

Sutil began his F1 career back in 2007, entering F1 in the same year that Lewis Hamilton did.

Sutil has remained with the same team (only under different names) throughout his time in F1 so far. Since his F1 debut Adrian has competed in 84 races collecting 77 points in. Sutil unbelievable has a fastest racing lap to his name aswell!

Sutil to me has always been one of those constant midfield runners who will score a point or two when he's on top of his game. But i'm really struggling to see him step up to another level of racing team as there's a lot of driver out their better than him. Other than Force India where could he actually go to?

With Van Der Garde hanging around looking far less like Nigel Mansell in his Mclaren days I sort of get the feeling we might not see Adrian for every race this season.

Don't tell him he's dropped over a glass of champagne though!

Twitter reports stating that Sutil is in a bit of a state of shock having witnessed the Bianchi accident and the 'aftermath'

Being as he's at the end of his career in a back of the grid car I would not be surprised if he does not decide thats that for F1. I'm pretty sure I would.

RasputinLives

I do wonder if a number of the drivers who started in Japan are:
a) Not on the grid at the start of 2015
b) Not on the grid in Sochi.

I suspect that Sutil won't be there in Sochi, and I also suspect that Marussia will not want to race...

These sorts of events are also the sorts of events that make drivers consider whether they wish to continue racing generally!

It was kind of confusing to watch the coverage and I got the impression initially (from the BBC commentators mainly) that it was Sutil who had been injured.

Yes - It was clear something had happened, but no-one was at all clear what had happened.

All that was obvious was that it wasn't something normal. After all, we had seen Sutil's car being picked up by the crane, then the red flag came out, then we saw Sutil's car having been dropped by the crane... - It was also obvious that it wasn't Sutil who had been injured, as he could be seen standing by the side of the track!

Personally, I had naively thought that they were stopping the race for sporting reasons - i.e. to have some race left at the end... I had no clue that anyone else was involved... - The BBC commentary team really need to use the facilities at their disposal though; they could, quite easily, have looked at the car tracker they have in the commentary box to inform people that a second car had stopped at the same corner...

The Artist..... - I think it is a difficult situation. Clearly, the FOM were withholding all footage of the incident and ensuring that the footage they did use obscured the scene.

This is, of course, utterly reasonable considering the Senna footage, and was the procedure used for Massa's incident. I suspect this is simply to prevent photographers morbidly showing up.

I can't criticise too much, it's a horrible place to be in, and I don't know what I'd decide to broadcast.

RasputinLives

I do wonder if a number of the drivers who started in Japan are:
a) Not on the grid at the start of 2015
b) Not on the grid in Sochi.

I suspect that Sutil won't be there in Sochi, and I also suspect that Marussia will not want to race...

These sorts of events are also the sorts of events that make drivers consider whether they wish to continue racing generally!

Caterham may not make it either you never know with them.

Back
Top Bottom