Adeus Nelsinho?

Who will be driving for Renault come Spa?

• Alonso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Piquet

• Adam Kahn

• Di Grassi

• Bourdais

• Liuzzi

• Wurz

• Sutil

• Total voters
Brogan said:
Of course, good point about the super licence :thumbsup:

Also very interesting about the "300km of testing in a current car over at least 2 days".
I wonder how Jaime actually got around that :s

The reigning British Formula 3 champion is automatically entitled to a Superlicence, as are the champions of a number of other junior series.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-publi...75FA00440479/$FILE/Annexe L_2009_09.07.20.pdf

(Page 3 subsection 5.1.2)

This may have influenced Toro Rosso's decision to promote Alguersuari rather than rival junior Brendon Hartley.

Thanks for clearing that up GM.

Any idea what the rules are concerning test/reserve drivers or even those who haven't competed for a while (e.g. Schumacher)?
With the current testing restrictions I can't see how they can do the requisite mileage to qualify.

Most test drivers should be covered under clauses a) and b).

I think in Schumacher's case this would apply:

"By exception, if supported by the Safety Commission, the FIA
World Motor Sport Council may approve the issue of the Super
Licence to persons judged by the Council to have met the intent
of the qualification process."

GordonMurray said:
"By exception, if supported by the Safety Commission, the FIA
World Motor Sport Council may approve the issue of the Super
Licence to persons judged by the Council to have met the intent
of the qualification process."

Are 7 World Titles, 91 F1 wins, 68 Pole Positions... qualifiers?

Rumours abound that NP's exit will be announced today with the team naming Romain Grosjean as his replacement.

Perhaps it's not all bad for NP though with other rumours that his dad is looking at buying BMW and renaming it Piquet F1...

GordonMurray said:
I wonder if Romain will get to do any testing before his debut?
:D

Well whatever the FIA decide to do in MS's/Ferrari's case you would expect it be consistent going forward.

I really can't see Nel-senior as a team boss, either. He'd scare all the sponsors away.

If he's said he "likes the sound of it" then I think we can rest assured it won't happen!

piquet F1, i don't know if that has a ring to it :)

if nelson sr wanted to start a team he would have done so along time ago methinks. bit strange and expensive way to save your son's driving career or are there other piquest on the way?

Brogan said:
GordonMurray said:
I wonder if Romain will get to do any testing before his debut?
:D

Well whatever the FIA decide to do in MS's/Ferrari's case you would expect it be consistent going forward.

On what grounds to you expect an FIA decision to be consistent?

bogaTYR said:
if nelson sr wanted to start a team he would have done so along time ago methinks. bit strange and expensive way to save your son's driving career or are there other piquest on the way?

Did he not do that for Nelsinho in GP2? Anyway, who would he have as his no. 2 driver? And how unfavoured would you be as no. 2 to Nelsinho Piquet in Piquet F1...! He wouldn't have that old chestnut as an excuse anyway!

[bg=#FF0000]BREAKING NEWS: Piquet has now gone[/bg]. Since we all knew it was going to happen I've decided to overdramatise it.

I've heard that the replacement will be Alain Prost :whistle: , desperate to stop Schumi getting double his win tally. Or Romain Grosjean!

In his statement he took a huge swipe at Flavio.

To quote Radio 5 "Piquet has said he is glad this part of his driving career is over!!" Sounds like a bit of a falling out.

He is fairly scathing in his comments.
Can't blame him though if they are true.

Wonder if Renault are going to ask the teams if RG can test the car LOL

Bet Frank Williams will turn up shaking his head*. At any rate, Schumi's comeback was sprung on him by a spring, whilst Grosjean is in the car because Flavio "has no friends" and "knows :censored: about F1"!

*Not Patrick

Alonso, great driver, lousy person....

seem to remember the F1 team on the BBC announced that for the Hungarian GP Piquet's car would have the aero etc. packs that Alonso had had fitted.... the whole story surrounded the assumption the Piquet had not had these enhancements previously and was not contested by Renault.

Seems that Piquet had the same car as Alonso, just not with the same enhancements - that allows everybody to be right, sort of

frog-n-flymo said:
Seems that Piquet had the same car as Alonso, just not with the same enhancements - that allows everybody to be right, sort of

That's correct if and only if you can say...

"I had the same pencil as him, his just had no lead*" *(graphite)
I had the same bike as him, his just had no chain

I would be absolutely astonished if the two drivers had the same car, astonished! Piquet was so clearly no. 2 that Barrichello nearly looked equal at Ferrari! And anyway, Alonso wasn't so keen to talk about equal cars when he was the No. 1 driver at McLaren!

Then again, Piquet did spend too much time acting as a lawnmower, and to run him in Valencia can only be to attempt to bring out a Safety Car á la Singapore!

Back
Top Bottom