A question for members - Helicopters?

Speshal

World Champion
Valued Member
A thought struck my sleep deprived brain this morning and it may well be one that our esteemed members can answer.

Has anyone noticed the absence of helicopter shots from races recently or is it just me being dim (not hard I know) - Maybe Keke could prove me wrong with stunning aerial shots from this season but my brain doesn't seem to remember any for a while?

I know they have to have the medical chopper on standby at all times, so there must be facilities for them.

Lol this was exactly what I thought this morning during the GP. There's only one reason for the absence of aerial pictures. They basically don't show a lot any of the commercials on the cars and along the circuit...

There were aerial shots during this GP, though the only ones I can remember are those of the start.

I think there are less than there used to be, though. I wonder why?

There were aerial shots during this GP, though the only ones I can remember are those of the start.

I think there are less than there used to be, though. I wonder why?

I think the start shots are mostly done by a very tall crane these days, maybe it's economics from FOM grounding the choppers, glad to see it's not just me.

Just watched the race again and there were just a few minutes from the chopper. Either that or they were from the top of the Ferris Wheel!:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom