3 Seater Renault F1 Car

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I know Minardi built a 2 seater F1 car a while back but Renault have gone one better and built a 3 seat F1 car for promotional events.

rena_soichi_f1_three_seater_2009.jpg

If I can't have one I at least want a go in one

Brogan said:
As long as Nelsinho Piquet isn't driving :whistle:

Ooh I dunno, might be quite the experience.. :D

Two things about that picture. Is that Romain Grosjean's evil twin on the far left there? Certainly has his wayward sense of hair, facial or otherwise. Secondly, the woman wearing the Renault kit on the right is really, really, really short. At first I assumed it was a kid. Don't think so.

Wait a minute!

Isn't that the updated car for next season which complies with the new adjustable rear wings rule?

The 2 passengers are FIA officials; one has a stopwatch to time the gap to the car in front and the other has a clipboard to note when the driver uses the device.

Brogan said:
Wait a minute!

Isn't that the updated car for next season which complies with the new adjustable rear wings rule?

The 2 passengers are FIA officials; one has a stopwatch to time the gap to the car in front and the other has a clipboard to note when the driver uses the device.

That's it!

And the two guys behind the rear wing with their helmets on are part of the rear wing system.

To avoid any electrical or hydraulic problems, they've bolted on two human beings to the back of the car who manually adjust the rear wing as it goes along. Genius.

Enja said:
And the two guys behind the rear wing with their helmets on are part of the rear wing system.

To avoid any electrical or hydraulic problems, they've bolted on two human beings to the back of the car who manually adjust the rear wing as it goes along. Genius.
ROFL

I'd heard there was an economy drive going on in F1, but three people to a car!

As it's a Renault, do you think this is PR, maybe they're claiming Piquet simply got lost, so they now provide a navigator, and if that fails, a mechanic come road sweeper to clear the track and prevent safety cat controversy?

Alternatively, maybe Kubica has extended his contract and they've discovered that with the obvious aerodynamic advantages of having Kubica as the perfect wind-tunnel designed driver they can push out the sides of the car to take the pit crew along so stops can be made anywhere on the circuit... I can't wait to see the design of the trailer they'll use for the spare wheels!

Back
Top Bottom