2022 Silly season

I would hate to be in the Mercedes academy after what they did to De Vris all those years. I think Mick will most likely stay a reserve driver though. After Hamilton retires they still have better options.

I don't think being a reserve driver is anything more than keeping the simulator seat warm, we have seen reserve drivers by passed and other more experienced drivers catapulted in when a No1 or 2 driver is unable to race in the last few seasons.

FB yeah i think its an underwhelming appointment as if i being harsh. like alot of Mick Schumacher career. he has got opportunities because of his surname that he wouldn't if he was Mick Smith. but he fits the mould of who Mercedes like to hire Wehrlein, Guterriez, De Vries & Vandoorne

Red Flag Redemption my thoughts are caveated by that this could change as i think Lewis could still be going by 2026. but at current time. i think leclerc is there top target

Gutted to read this, I thought they'd have gone for Juan Manual Fangio II because of his uncles strong links with Mercedes.

I don't think being a reserve driver is anything more than keeping the simulator seat warm, we have seen reserve drivers by passed and other more experienced drivers catapulted in when a No1 or 2 driver is unable to race in the last few seasons.
Nothing will ever be funnier in this area than the token employment of Susie Wolff as the "Test and Reserve Driver" at Williams.

It was all about the promotion of women in motorsport right up to the moment Bottas hurt his back in Australia and it looked like he may not be able to race in Malaysia so the team brought Adrian Sutil in.

LOL

Nothing will ever be funnier in this area than the token employment of Susie Wolff as the "Test and Reserve Driver" at Williams.

It was all about the promotion of women in motorsport right up to the moment Bottas hurt his back in Australia and it looked like he may not be able to race in Malaysia so the team brought Adrian Sutil in.

LOL
That must have hurt a little bit. I think most of the time they really just do it for the exposer like a PR stunt. Kinda like with Ricciardo at Red Bull.

I think that just means he will get himself a Mercedes affiliated opportunity at the other teams Williams and AM but not Mclaren...considering Williams have lost their team principal...and has been the team to develop Merc drivers. Expect him to be first pick there.

Yes clearly his name has a lot to do with it linked to Mercedes who are desperate for German drivers success

I think that just means he will get himself a Mercedes affiliated opportunity at the other teams Williams and AM but not Mclaren...considering Williams have lost their team principal...and has been the team to develop Merc drivers. Expect him to be first pick there.

Yes clearly his name has a lot to do with it linked to Mercedes who are desperate for German drivers success
I think I would rather try my hand at a different racing series than to stay in F1 purgatory. Becoming a reserve driver for a year and then hopefully getting a seat at the back of the grid for a few seasons only to inevitably be removed again sounds terrible. I think Indycar, Sports Cars, Prototypes, or even Touring Cars would be better.

i think Schumacher ends up in the LMP1 class at WEC in 2024, maybe ironically at Ferrari . because there arent enough seats as it is & he hasnt wowed enough to get back in the sport.

when you consider what the 2021 champion Oscar Piastri & 2022 champion, Felipe Drugovich achieved & still couldnt get a F1 seat. its hard to argue that he got that Haas seat purely on his achievements

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom