2022 Silly season

Mclaren also signed another Indy car driver Palio which has caused a contract row with Chip Ganassi racing as he did not agree to staying

Ricciardo - I wonder if Aston Martin would consider him as an alternative
yeah i gone into detail on indy thread. but that is going to get messy quickly & i dont understand why you want to leave Chip ganassi as in indycar terms thats like leaving ferrari

yeah i gone into detail on indy thread. but that is going to get messy quickly & i dont understand why you want to leave Chip ganassi as in indycar terms thats like leaving ferrari
It depends what has been said which Palio disagrees with and who has the right to exercise the option for 2023

A disaster for Mclaren to be dragged in it to be honest

So Fernando is off to Aston Martin. Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin F1 in 2023

Who's going to take the Renault/Alpine seat?
What is it with teams wanting to prop up Alonso's career...

• in 2002, as test-driver at Renault, he was slower than Button or Trulli, but he was promoted to the race-team, at Button's expense
  • In 2004, Trulli was beating Alonso in the championship. Having fallen out with the team manager, Trulli mysteriously started getting slower, and then was sacked. (Allegedly because he wouldn't sign a management contract with FB LOL)
  • In 2007, he threw his toys out of the pram, because McLaren wouldn't favour him in races and qualifying; this suggests that this was what he was experiencing at Renault in 2005/06. In '07, I also don't know how Alonso faced a ban, as he was knowingly discussing the use of Ferrari IP
  • In 2008, his team-mate agreed to crash for him to gift him a race win. (I still don't buy that Alonso didn't know about it)
  • He moved to Ferrari in 2010, and the team started well, and then got worse over time.
  • The move to McLaren was not spectacular, and he was kept on for too long - in his first season, he was beaten by Button. In the next, Button had reportedly lost his mojo...
  • Then, after leaving F1, he was gifted a drive back at Renault/Alpine.
I hope that Aston Martin continues to be as successful for Alonso as it has been this season.

• in 2002, as test-driver at Renault, he was slower than Button or Trulli, but he was promoted to the race-team, at Button's expense
  • In 2004, Trulli was beating Alonso in the championship. Having fallen out with the team manager, Trulli mysteriously started getting slower, and then was sacked. (Allegedly because he wouldn't sign a management contract with FB LOL)
  • In 2007, he threw his toys out of the pram, because McLaren wouldn't favour him in races and qualifying; this suggests that this was what he was experiencing at Renault in 2005/06. In '07, I also don't know how Alonso faced a ban, as he was knowingly discussing the use of Ferrari IP
  • In 2008, his team-mate agreed to crash for him to gift him a race win. (I still don't buy that Alonso didn't know about it)
  • He moved to Ferrari in 2010, and the team started well, and then got worse over time.
  • The move to McLaren was not spectacular, and he was kept on for too long - in his first season, he was beaten by Button. In the next, Button had reportedly lost his mojo...
I hope that Aston Martin continues to be as successful for Alonso as it has been this season.
Have to say does Lawrence Stroll know what he is doing?

rare news can surprise you. but this has really shuck up silly season as it looked liked
Schumacher Haas > Aston Martin
Piastri Alpine > McLaren
De Vries FE > Williams
F2 champion > Haas

but what does this say about Alpine/Renault signed 2 highly rated drivers. Riccardo & Alonso who aim was to win races & championship. both have left within 18 months with 1 podium

i will defend alonso in some of them
2003 he proved that he was good enough in the race seat. won Hungarian GP by a lap, took pole in Malaysia, had 4 podiums which was best of the rest & had easily beaten trulli his teammate

2005 & 2006 was very good & drove well. 2005 he was fortunate but cant be blamed for others terrible design or strategy. 2006 was the 1st time Schumacher was defeated in equal equipment since Hakkinen in 1998

2007 even if he self destructed, because he didn't like being beaten by a rookie & collapsed under pressure

2008 theres no defending Singapore but he also won the Japanese GP on merit

2010 should've won a title if ferrari hadnt cocked it up, i know im shocked as well. by forgetting that vettel existed

2012 it was a miracle how Alonso nearly took that Ferrari to a world title. it was on a par to if Lewis took this yr championship to title decider

Irony that Alonso will replace Vettel at Aston Martin roles reverse when Vettel replaced Alonso at Ferrari..and whom Alonso felt a deep resentment

fasinating article that Alonso age went against him. as alpine when push come to shove backed Piastri & not Alonso because they were seemingly going to lose 1. as piastri contract finished in 2022 & alonso 2023

you dont want to lose only 1 of 5 drivers to have won 3rd tier & 2nd tier in consecutive years for a 41yr old

No brainer but what do Alpine/Renault want to achieve in F1
They are 4th best by a long way owing to Mclaren handicapped by a shocking Ricciardo

Il_leone they are here to win championship, is what Riccardo & alonso keep saying when they joined. also its not as easy as it looks

Screenshot_20220802-163004_Twitter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom