2022 Silly season

P1 tsunoda i guess will depend on performances & whose available. you have Lawson, Darulavla, Vips, & Hauger waiting in F2 & if 1 of them wins F2 you would assume that 1 will be promoted

Il_leone gasly thats a good question because i cant see him renewing at alpha tauri for a 7th season. but yes its hard to see an opening outside there. Vettel he might have an option on another year but its yet contracted
Vettel looks like he needs to retire for good - an awful start to the season for him this time

Tsunoda maybe allowed one more year as there is no Honda pressure now to promote him. Vips would be interesting given his attitude might upset Verstappen

Gasly needs a move for sure he is better than Alpha Tauri unless they become race winners consistently

I think Sainz controls the driver's market you'd think Ferrari will want to retain him for sure because there are not better drivers available

Perez - give him until mid season if he is taking points off Ferrari he will stay if he is miles behind then he will be dropped judging by past records at Red Bull

"All the signs in the paddock are that Fernando will soon sign a new two-year deal with Alpine, which will mean that he stays until the end of 2024."

Piastri might have a problem if Alonso is making him wait if De Vries is the preferred choice at Williams

Interesting that Mclaren are considering Colton Herta in the future and Audi might want to buy them

I believe replacing Alonso with Piastri is a big risk for Alpine. I know Piastri has been so dominant in the minor categories, but that doesn't mean he will perform at the same level in Formula 1. Just look at Hulkenberg and Vandoorne. They arrived with impressive resumes and both failed during their first year.

It makes sense for Alpine to reach a deal and lend Piastri to Williams with some financial help. A few years in Williams fighting Albon could help Piastri to develop and, at the same time, help Alpine to minimize the risk of replacing a double world champion with a rookie who could not fulfill the expectations.

Last edited:
I believe replacing Alonso with Piastri is a big risk for Alpine. I know Piastri has been so dominant in the minor categories, but that doesn't mean he will perform at the same level in Formula 1. Just look at Hulkenberg and Vandoorne. They arrived with impressive resumes and both failed during their first year.
i agree that, starting at the back is always the best thing to do long term. because as we seen at red bull its not great long term to be learning in a high profile scenario, & where as like Mick Schumacher is learning off camera

but whereas there are no guarantees, as far as i can see since 2003 only 3 drivers have done what Piastri has done winning 3rd tier & 2nd tier consecutive years that is Hamilton 05-06, Leclerc 16-17, Russell 17-18 & thats not a bad reputation to be on

One out of three went straight into a top team, and none of them replaced a double world champion. On top of that, Hamilton had the benefit of doing so many milages during testing, like 7,714 km, which is roughly equivalent to 25 races of 300 kilometers each. It was quite a different scene back then.

Leclerc did almost force Vettel out. as he was 2nd season up against 4 time world champion. whereas i think he's a weak champion he could & shouldve won 2017 & or 2018 titles. leclerc went from number 2 to team leader forcing vettel

i think it wouldve been great to see what piastri could do in perfect world. but circumstances. although very few agree on here. Alonso 1 of those drivers if he's available you have to take him

Last edited:
This is why we need more teams on the grid to give guys like Piastri and De Vries their deserve chances

I wonder what Haas are going to do K Mag now ?

Also the Schumacher Ferrari project appears a long way away now which is something RasputinLives foresee was just wishful thinking so where does that leave Alfa as Vasseur does not seem to care what Ferrari thinks

I was watching Youtube I think it was the Race

Rumours mainly centre around Mercedes' decline and namely if Toto decides to go to the Maldives taking his business interests elsewhere and Hamilton might be swapping teams with another driver in the paddock

I am trying to figure out the possible driver(s) that are referring to and I can only see that being the Mclaren drivers or the Ferrari drivers . I'll try and find the clip . Its a bit of a risk this late into his career to do this

There is a lot of talk about this guy to help the US back into F1

So far I've heard

Sauber or whatever they will be called if Andretti buys the team

Mclaren - interesting this would be to replace Ricciardo and with Zac Brown trying to push more exposure in the US

Haas??

There is a lot of talk about this guy to help the US back into F1

So far I've heard

Sauber or whatever they will be called if Andretti buys the team

Mclaren - interesting this would be to replace Ricciardo and with Zac Brown trying to push more exposure in the US

Haas??
ive seen this guy for quite a few years Colton Herta since 2019. he has more than got the talent. brilliant driver but his consistency is debatable currently because its currently either winning or bin it & he does underperform he shouldve fought for the title last few years but hasnt. Nashville was good example untouchable & then got impatient putting it the wall losing a certain win

id say he needs a indycar title on his resume 1st

the jungle drums have started already, Vettel is expected to be retiring at the end of 2022

Well Vettel was obvious but Schumacher to replace him I didn't see that if its happening.

Then Ferrari want to give other academy drivers a go so they might be prepared for this to happen

Wow, I could have imagined one more year but two. Blimey, he really must be a team player.

Interestingly, had his and Verstappen's results been reversed in Spain the WDC would now be:

Verstappen 118
Perez 117
Leclerc 116

Wow, I could have imagined one more year but two. Blimey, he really must be a team player.

Interestingly, had his and Verstappen's results been reversed in Spain the WDC would now be:

Verstappen 118
Perez 117
Leclerc 116
Thus is goodbye Albon and Gasly to Red Bull and essentially its Jiri Vips or one of other F2 guys and there are plenty

Verstappen 118
Perez 117
Leclerc 116
i meant to say that on monaco but more important things were being discussed. perez very much in this title battle. this could be Irvine 99 Massa 2008 Webber 2010 Rosberg 2016. where a unfancied driver has a storming reason & battles for a championship

Back
Top Bottom