Grand Prix 2022 Miami (USA SouthEast?) Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Back in the day we used to have two races in the US, the USA Grand Prix West, at Long Beach, and the US Grand Prix East, at Watkins Glen. Now we have a second GP in America, and with the Austin race being South, I have christened this the USA South East Grand Prix. You may choose to follow suit, or just call it the Miami Grand Prix.

This is the first race held in Miami, but just three hours away (still in Florida) is the location of the first American Grand Prix, Sebring. There was a race held there in 1959, which was won by Bruce McLaren in a Cooper-Climax. The track is still in operation, but presumably the location is not as attractive as Miami.

The circuit is 3.363 miles long and the race will last for 57 laps, so a little short of 200 mile "standard". Here's the layout, courtesy of the lovely people at SKY.

1651610465439.png

Here's an animated lap of the circuit.

And for those in the UK here are the race times.

1651610835251.png

My apologies if this is all a bit "factual", I'm struggling to build a great deal of enthusiasm. Let's hope the race proves me wrong and it's an absolute stonker.

Last edited:
Years ago, when it was less inappropriate, she was my wallpaper on my computer at work.

I would swan dive from 100 metres into a bucket of petrol with a lit firework clenched in my teeth just to point at one of her socks with a pencil.

:love:

she is very attractive & aged well at 40. but its that thing. with alot of women like her. you wonder how someone like her can be single. when seemingly has alot going for her

She found out I was happily married and hasn't got over it.

I saw many drivers complaining about the track surface and the impact it could have on the race. I don't know how much of an impact it had when it comes to overtakes. Does anyone have the overtaking data for the race?

I saw many drivers complaining about the track surface and the impact it could have on the race. I don't know how much of an impact it had when it comes to overtakes. Does anyone have the overtaking data for the race?
apparently there was very little grip off line & seen by bottas leclerc & Norris at the penultimate corner. if you dont feel confident then your going to be single file

I really don‘t understand why Gasly was not penalised for causing an accident. In his words, he knew that his car was broken, but he was desperately trying to drive back to the pits. It is this that caused the accident with Norris - when he realised that the car wouldn‘t turn properly, he should have pulled off the track to retire. We’re only lucky that Norris didn’t hit the wall very hard at very high speed.

Back
Top Bottom