Poll 2022 CTA Driver of the Year

P1 yeah i cant do a poll in the normal sense because being 10th would get the same vote as 1st & also ive always said on this while ive been doing it. there are no wrong answers in this if you want to put latifi as number 1 thats your choice

It's Max, as unpleasant as he seems to be as a human being the question is who was Driver of the Year, and he was head and shoulders above the rest regardless of how good the car was.

It's always easy to appear to be the best driver when you have the fastest car, which is usually on pole, and 1 second or more a lap faster than the other cars.

Not even going to factor in Perez because as I've said numerous times, he's a second tier driver, at best.

It's always easy to appear to be the best driver when you have the fastest car, which is usually on pole, and 1 second or more a lap faster than the other cars.

Not even going to factor in Perez because as I've said numerous times, he's a second tier driver, at best.
id be a hypocrite if i didnt agree with parts of that. because as good red bull were in 2nd half. it is scary Ferrari how many points they threw away. you could make a case that they shouldve won every race from Australia to French GP. because if wasnt poor reliability its pitwall or drivers errors.

i was thinking recently you have Mercedes pitwall work for Ferrari & Hamilton in the car. verstappen has to work much harder to win the title. because he not getting gifts

Last edited:

Maybe asking Red Bull how close were they to overspending before lobbying for a raised up because its obvious they knew they had something ready to make them go quicker

It's Lando. Consistently miles ahead of his team mate in qually and the race in a car that DR struggled with all year. He is exceptional.
he drove brilliantly this year. he's in george Russell position of brilliant driver in B team. i worry about that contract & i dont see him in McLaren by 2025. if McLaren aren't at least contesting for podiums

any other people you think deserve a mention or just lando

he drove brilliantly this year. he's in george Russell position of brilliant driver in B team. i worry about that contract & i dont see him in McLaren by 2025. if McLaren aren't at least contesting for podiums

any other people you think deserve a mention or just lando
It was interesting that before Mclaren deal he admitted speaking to Red Bull which seems from replacing Hartley but seems to have continued.

I would to see him in one of the top 3 cars if Mclaren does not make strides. There is the additional pressure that Piastri could be on it from the word go and damage his stock given the trouble to sign him. I would say be thinks about the Merc or Ferrari seats because at Red Bull he will never get a fair shot with Verstappen in the other car

well im wouldn't be surprised Il_leone nearly killed albon & gaslys career. also only have to look at Riccardo & Vettel to see how quickly you can go from highly rated & touted for Ferrari or no1 at Ferrari to past it

According to the RACE on YouTube
20 Latifi
19 Schumacher
18 Ricciardo
17 Zhou
16 Tsunoda
15 Stroll
14 Magnussen
13 Gasly
12 Bottas
11 Vettel
10 Albon
9 Perez
8 Ocon
7 Sainz
6 Alonso
5 Russell- as the car got quicker Hamilton was better
4 Hamilton - poor start but got better as the season develops
3 Leclerc - fast but let down by team
2 Norris - for the way he thrashed Ricciardo and handling a difficult car
1 Verstappen- totally ruthless

im going to put the results up sometime tomorrow afternoon. so i just thought i would put a final reminder up for anyone who hasnt voted & would want to

here we are the results of the 2022 CTA driver of the year is in.
22 - 21 - Drivers - Pts - wins
1) (7) Russell - 151 (4) :1st:
2) (2) Verstappen - 133 (4) :2nd:
3) (6) Leclerc - 85 :3rd:

4) (3) Norris - 80
5) (1) Hamilton - 78
6) (9) Perez - 47
7) (5) Sainz - 44
8) (*) Magnussen - 22
9) (11) Alonso - 14
10) (12) Vettel - 10
11) (*) Albon - 7
12) (*) De Vries - 7
13) (8) Ocon - 6
14) (15) Bottas - 6

15) Riccardio, Gasly, Tsunoda, Zhou, Stroll, Schumacher & Latifi - 0

we have a new driver of the year after the Lewis Hamilton domination since 2017. in big surprise to me as i thought it would be go the same as the season & a be Dutch Landslide. but its congratulations to George Russell :1st:

formula-1-1019447869-20221204--2.jpg

as you all know ive always got the phone numbers of all the F1 drivers ;)

I wasn't expecting to have that success, but I think it goes to show all the hard work everyone has put in and the progress we as a team have made.

but im bit worried as he mispelt Clip the apex as autosport on this tweet about collecting his award

Back
Top Bottom