Pre-Season 2021 Testing

As a rule of thumb Toto Wolff lies to the press about performance so that will mean they are 3 seconds clear or something. It's usually backed up by Lewis Hamilton claiming another team is quicker than them.

Of course he could be telling the truth this time and I don't believe him. It's the whole Boy who cried Wolff scenario.

certainly if this was any other team with the same struggles & rear struggles a lot like red bull. i would believe them. but not Mercedes. like 2014 i wait until qualifying as theyve got sandbagging to an art form

although alot are saying that the low rake concept is affected more than the high rake. which makes sense as high rake is to develop more rear downforce

but im still wouldnt be surprised at the grid as
Hamilton
----------------------Verstappen
Bottas
-----------------------Riccardio
Perez

Last edited:
George Russell said that the Williams was very sensitive to the wind due the new concept of the FW43B and when the wind wasn't strong the competitiveness was back, so Mercedes problems could all be down to track conditions and the wind, the car being more sensitive and having a small operating window, the greater the effect of the wind. Bahrain not being a representative track doesnt help.
The high/lower rake debate is like the longer/smaller wheelbase debate. At the end of the day they figured out what was wrong, they won and kept their same philosophy each year. If it gives an advantage to other teams, it wont last long and will lead to enviable gain for Mercedes and Hamilton.

Of course he could be telling the truth this time and I don't believe him. It's the whole Boy who cried Wolff scenario.
Have a funny feeling it may be the truth. They always sandbag but so do they always lap for fun - and the back end never wants to swap places with thr front. It may take a couple of race weekends but if anyone can sort it it's Mercedes.

it wont last long and will lead to enviable gain for Mercedes and Hamilton.

Have a funny feeling it may be the truth. They always sandbag but so do they always lap for fun - and the back end never wants to swap places with thr front. It may take a couple of race weekends but if anyone can sort it it's Mercedes.

yeah I wonder if they will find a way through set up. & if Hamilton isnt on the front row. ill be shocked because like 2018 & 2019. he can still win alot even when 2nd best car

Back
Top Bottom