2021 Silly Season

interesting that according to gazzetta dello sport. they are thinking about perez. which i understand because gasly v albon at alpha tauri you will finally find out who is better. instead leaving the big team & then learning nothing v a "pushover" in small team
"for the first time, Red Bull wants to go fishing outside its own stables, where there are currently no drivers ready for the big jump."

Gazzetta claims that the ‘the favourite is the Mexican, as he brings important sponsors to fill his own gap and make an economic contribution to the team. ‘Perez will finally have a place to fight for the podium often, an opportunity he won’t have with Haas or Alfa Romeo’.

when the team had to "punish" & make sure that leclerc jumped him in the pits when he defied team orders (not 1st or multi 21st time) was always go leave Ferrari with trust issues

we will never know but vettel may never do a "beyond the grid" interview where we can go in depth. i wonder if Sochi was out of desperation, insecurity or some way were he trying to salvage his career. because we were just coming off the back of 4 consecutive poles for leclerc (the 1st time for ferrari in 18yrs) what shouldve been 3 consecutive victories. seeing leclerc becoming the darling of the tifosi, winning ferraris 1st Italian GP for 9yrs.
this will defietely 1 to listen to

interesting that according to gazzetta dello sport. they are thinking about perez. which i understand because gasly v albon at alpha tauri you will finally find out who is better. instead leaving the big team & then learning nothing v a "pushover" in small team

Red Bull have not dismissed it either.

couple of questions. i like albon have seen i watching in F2. against the odds to go from no drive, to 1 off drive to 2nd in championship with russell & Norris the other 2. but should they put a perez or hulkenberg in the 2nd seat. instead of comparing gasly & albon in 2 different cars. at different times. have a season where we can see who is the best in the same car at same time. because this is still albon 2nd season

could this add the rumour of Perez. as Zak brown has declared an interest & F1 seems closed as do really want to sign a contract to struggle to get out of Q1

Last edited:

& also seeing some very strange rumours. seem unrealistic to me in gasly to Renault replacing ocon. which would free up tsunoda & albon to drop back

i cant see it but then strange is F1 game recently if you said 12 months ago. sainz would join ferrari, Alonso would make a comeback & vettel would join force India i wouldve said you need to stop what ever it is your drinking. so never say never

Last edited:
Very interesting article. I hadn't thought of Gasly going to Renault but it makes a ton of sense.

yeah same. i had never thought of it as i thought he was certainty at toro rosso alpha tauri. but its clear, its very unlikely gasly will be promoted back. so he will likely have to go the sainz route

but it would make a bit of sense, as it frees up a space for albon to drop back & tsunoda to come in. maybe the shock transfer of the season hulkenberg to red bull

yeah same. i had never thought of it as i thought he was certainty at toro rosso alpha tauri. but its clear, its very unlikely gasly will be promoted back. so he will likely have to go the sainz route

but it would make a bit of sense, as it frees up a space for albon to drop back & tsunoda to come in. maybe the shock transfer of the season hulkenberg to red bull
Do you think Tsunoda is a compelling enough driver without Honda sponsorship? I find hard to tell since he is in a different team to schumacher.

Franz Tost seems to think he is.

tsunoda still has honda for 1 year & yes he has been impressive in F2, when you think of the names in this years title. to be 3rd with 2 wins & 5 podiums it was very impressive. but i cant get past the part that he is only considered because red bull well is dry & honda want someone (finally)

Gasly to Renault might happen if Ocon does not improve in relation to Ricciardo but then Toto has two young drivers on the sidelines unless Hamilton suddenly quits which would start a chain reaction of everyone trying to get out of their contract inc Vettel and Verstappen except the 2021 Ferrari drivers

Last edited:
If Albon gets demoted his F1 career is finished
potentially because i dont know who has been re promoted. but also lets not forget that he got the seat 10 races in. he has only got 1 & half seasons in. but he was promoted far too early. even though it annoyed him at the time Sainz needed that time to develop. & you stick him in 2015 red bull after 10 races. he may have struggled

potentially because i dont know who has been re promoted. but also lets not forget that he got the seat 10 races in. he has only got 1 & half seasons in. but he was promoted far too early. even though it annoyed him at the time Sainz needed that time to develop. & you stick him in 2015 red bull after 10 races. he may have struggled
Driving for Red Bull is almost as bad as driving for Ferrari if things go south.
Few drivers recover from their experience at Ferrari bringing down their career and reputation or even not fulfilling their true potential. Red Bull it's very brutal and those that fail are treated like rag dolls just look at Kyvat after he was dropped. Both seem to like mentally destroying drivers confidence

in sort of surprising news it will be entirely different lineup at Haas next season. Magnussen all though i predicted it. still surprising. Grosjean was nailed on, he said as much at Hungarian GP

IMG_20201022_093815.jpg

Back
Top Bottom