Poll 2021 CTA Driver of the year

There's two very quick cars with two very quick drivers, one is ascending the other has reached a plateau and is possibly descending, the other two in the same car didn't impress so aren't in the running, we therefore have
Hamilton/ Verstappen equal but may not be the best
Norris/ Russell difficult as their cars are not equal
Ghastly/ Le Clerc/ Sainz all quick but not very consistent
That leaves Ricciardio, Vettel and Stroll, Ocon, Tsunoda all equally inconsistent at various parts of the season so not much to choose between them, the rest I won't choose at all

Bottas makes people's top 10 but has also come under heavy criticism but Perez for turning up at 3 races seems to have gotten away with it

Bottas makes people's top 10 but has also come under heavy criticism but Perez for turning up at 3 races seems to have gotten away with it
When Red Bull needed him perez was there, you can say that about bottas. also red bull have struggled to find a team that can be on podium as well. he started well front row in imola, his best race in baku, fantastic in Turkey & Abu Dhabi.

he got something bottas doesnt have, fighting spirit

But Merc won the WCC. The cars were very similar in performance this year, so would it be fair to say that Bottas performed better than Perez on the whole?

But Merc won the WCC. The cars were very similar in performance this year, so would it be fair to say that Bottas performed better than Perez on the whole?
Over the course of the season, I think that the Merc was a better car - particularly in race trim. Bottas just didn’t demonstrate this, and too often went missing. I think the only race he was really picking up the pieces was Turkey.

Had it been Bottas’ first season with Merc, I think he would have been given more leeway than after 5 years.

probally The Pits & it was probally perez poor mid season that edged it. but he is very inconsistent when bottas is good he can be very good like in brazilian sprint, monza & turkey. but also when he is bad he very bad & really struggle in traffic, like imola, beligium, russia & abu dhabi

Don't forget it was Perez's first year in the red bull and he had to get used to the high rake set ups. He's said as much in interviews, so it's probably taken him a while to get up to speed.

Don't forget it was Perez's first year in the red bull and he had to get used to the high rake set ups. He's said as much in interviews, so it's probably taken him a while to get up to speed.
Yes but he is in the same boat as Ricciardo, Sainz, Alonso all in the first year of their teams yet I think if Sainz was in the Red Bull he would have got 3rd at least. We are talking about the guy who finished 4th where he was expected at least and won a race.

Last edited:
I ve been monitoring crash.net top 10 F1 drivers this season and will reveal No 1 tomorrow

So far

2. Hamilton
3. Norris
4. Sainz
5. Leclerc
6. Gasly
7. Alonso
8. Russell
9. Ocon
10. Bottas

Can you guess who is No 1 then?

bit later than i expected but here are the results of the our Driver of the year awards & in massive shock to me, Lewis takes the honour for the 6th time in 7yrs & his 5th consecutive title. personally i was fully expecting this was the year Verstappen was going to take it

1) (1) Hamilton - 177pts :1st:- 5 wins - 8 Nominations
2) (2) Verstappen - 170 :2nd: - 5 - 8
3) (9) Norris - 154 :3rd: - 1 - 9

4) (6) Gasly - 97 - 1 - 9
5) (7) Sainz - 90 - 0 - 8
6) (4) Leclerc - 60 - 0 - 6
7) (8) Russell - 48 - 0 - 6
8) (15) Ocon - 37 - 0 - 7
9) (3) Perez - 29 - 0 - 6
10) (5) Riccardo - 16 - 0 - 3
11) (*) Alonso - 12 - 0 - 4
12) (11) Vettel - 11 - 0 - 3
13) (*) Tsunoda - 10 - 0 - 2
14) (15) Stroll - 6 - 0 - 1
15) (10) Bottas - 4 - 0 - 3
16) (*) Schumacher - 1 - 0 - 1
17) Kimi, Latifi, Giovinazzi, Mazepin - 0

normally i'll like to show Hamilton accepting the trophy, but he been extremely hard to find, although i did get a acceptance speech "this is the o2 messaging system for 07802916353, sorry i cant get to the phone right now, leave a message & ill get back to you" very touching you'll agree

A Red Bull protest led by Karen telling us its a travesty that Verstappen is not voted the best driver this season as he is the best driver we ve ever had

Back
Top Bottom